Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Hawk Down..

Options
  • 22-05-2004 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Just wanna say...I'm really enjoying multiplayer BHD at the moment...

Some great maps...but a lot of crap one too though...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Enjoying it?, man it's terrible on the net you never have a clue who the hell kills you!. Some sniper from 20 miles away can blow off your head and you dont have the foggiest where it came from!. Na the maps are a Camper's paradise, also the man you control is so slowwwwwww, when I play online I want smooth fast actions like in Q3 or Enemy Territory or UT. I dont like it at all:dunno:, I suppose if you think it's bril....it's your decision mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Never played any of the Delta Force games on-line, but I loved Ghost Recon on-line. Are they even remotely similar in their style of play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

I've never played it online yet but single player is brill.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

Black Hawk Down is a fantastic game. Being playing online since last summer.
    As far as being shot from 20 miles away, I think that's a bit of an exageration.
    Most of the stock maps that are hosted are Close Quaters combat scenarios.
    There is an Irish Server for this game hosted every night from 6pm onwards and all weekends.

Server Details:
    BHD Server
    Name: JOSquad Recruiting
    IP address: 193.120.73.213

As far as I know, it's the only BHD server in the republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

I'd have to go along with Nuno on this one! Yeah, sure; You can get sniped from quite a distance but that's half the fun! Make sure you don't give the sniper to opportunity to nail you! :D

Been playing for a while now! Great game. Really enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Well one thing I ,REALLY, loved about Ghost Recon was that the skill wasnt in your ability to shoot a guy with an m16 from 400 meters (albiet it helped), it was making sure that no guy could see you without you seeing them first. A friend has BHD, and never plays it, so I must get it off him, and with 1meg adsl of lovelyness being installed tomorrow morning, I may well see some of you on-line :)

(ta for server nuno, i may be there someday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭TemplarBarna

kinds new to the online playing still...
    how do I go about getting hooked into the irish server.

Server Details:
    BHD Server
    Name: JOSquad Recruiting
    IP address: 193.120.73.213

do I just go into the multiplayer and look for them in the list of games...or is there another way...I see the ip addresss is there...is there a way to connect straight to that or what??...would love to play against more Irish..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Is it any good on a 56K?

TemplarBarna
    how do I go about getting hooked into the irish server.

You can download a free bit of software called "DFBHD Pinger" that loads all of the public games for BHD and BHD - Team Sabre. Then you can just do a search for the server name you are looking for! Have a look here:

http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/index.php?action=df&fid=178

RicardoSmith
    Is it any good on a 56K?

It's not bad on 56K. Like anything else it could be better but I know people that play online and have a good laugh when on 56K!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The Delta Force games were dire single player , but were a good laugh on the lan or over the net. Though I did have lots of problems with warping in net games.

IMO the whole sniper thing is realistic. It slows the whole game down to a realistic level and real tactics are the only way to win.

• Advertisement

Totally agree with you Ricardo!

Although ignoring the win and just getting down to some serious s**t kicking is also good fun! :D

I should be in the Irish server tonight of you fancy a kick about!

Advertisement