Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop pictures

Options
  • 22-05-2004 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to have Windows rotate my desktop every day? For instance, could I have a load of desktop pictures in a folder and have it choose a random picture every day?

Or does anyone know of a program that does that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭imirish

key in cool wall paper into google they do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Thanks. Not liking the toolbar/spyware stuff on it but seems to do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Do you mind me asking you why you'd even want one?
    I mean how much time you actually spend looking at your wallpaper?
    When i'm using my computer i can't see my wallpaper.
    When i'm not using my computer i can't see my wallpaper.
    I don't even use a wallpaper for those exact reasons.
    I'm just curious.

Killian

You're right obviously. When using a computer you can't see the wallpaper. But I came across a website featuring really beautiful aerial photography from various places in the world, so now when I turn the computer on first thing in the morning I'm reminded of how pretty the world is. You need something like that when you live in dreary old Dublin ;)

I suppose it's the same as a calendar in that way except that the picture will change every day instead of every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

plus, it gets rid of the dreary blue default....which reminds me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

When you put it like that it makes sense.
    But i still won't bother with one myself. :)

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Petoria

Originally posted by Exit
    so now when I turn the computer on first thing in the morning I'm reminded of how pretty the world is.

*snigger*

ponch.jpg

You're witty. The way you used that picture as if nobody had seen it before was just brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Exit
    But I came across a website featuring really beautiful aerial photography from various places in the world
    Oooh link me.

http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/index.php - There ya go. Click on the Earth from above link obviously and you can choose from the dropdown menu what country you'd like to see. Scroll down to the bottom of each page for the wallpaper.

I especially like this one - http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/GenererFond.php?format=1024x768&reference=251&pais=Chili&lang=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Karoma
    sweet mother...
    yes, that is your sweet mother :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

bastid :D
    nice...interesting collection alright

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

Have a goosey at www.webshots.com , if your concerned about spyware then read this : http://www.webshots.com/html/spyware_policy.html

Advertisement