Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specifying email address in webmail

Options
  • 22-05-2004 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a webmail service where by i can set the from: field in any email i send. I realise hotmail and yahoo let u specify reply-to: but i want to disguise the actually webmail address i'd be using as another account.

U see I have a shell account in my universities computer society. It allows me to do great things with that email account like run scripts upon incoming mail and the like. They run squirrelmail but quite frankly it sucks. It runs too slow on the societies computers and the interface is desperate. So i want to be able to use a service like hotmail or yahoo to send email and recieve them through my shell account. If i use the reply-to field then people will pick up on the original address and start sending them to say hotmail.

Anyone know of such a service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I remember the previous version of Horde let you do that but not on the current version. The best way around it is to set up various profiles and specify the reply to addy in those.

hth
    D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

That's a nice project alright, but not quite what i'm looking for. I don't have admin rights in the society so i wouldn't be able to install it. I need some external webmail site that i could forward my email to.

Advertisement