Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good broadbands

• 22-05-2004 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey i have iolbb but i dont like them and im changing to either ntl or eircom.i hear that you can get a connection of 1024kbps with ntl which is twice as fast as my current iol but is there some kind of catch to this.so if you could shed some light on this please do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

the catch with NTL is they have a very small area where you can get it.

why aren't you happy with IOL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭imirish

as from january-march the bloody thing wouldnt work and i rang them and told them but they still sent out a bill which we didnt pay they told us if we wanted to get a guy to come out it would cost like €120 we told them tat this was not fair and that we shouldnt have to pay for it eventually over the phone i went through i test where the guy asked me to do certain things with the modem and wires he then told me i needed a new modem and that it would cost €175 and it would take 3weeks to deliver i told him that i wanted it free of charge and here within two days as it wasnt my fault it broke after about 40mins of shouting down the phone in the most polite manner i managed to get for free and it came two days later.when i rang up to get instructions on how to install it (as it was a brand new model) the man was very rude and was no help whats so ever then we tried to cancell iolbb with them and they told us that we needed to have a contract with them for a year and that ends on the 23rd of june which was the day we bought it but didnt recieve it untill the 29th of august.Do you know if ntl works in dublin 14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

1024/256 connection from netsource costs €102.85 inc. VAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Complete list with prices and speeds:

http://www.broadband.gov.ie/BBInfo/ServiceListWF.aspx

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

NTL Broadband Max: 1024/256 for €50.

Seems pretty decent might have to look into it. :D

Also the cap is 1gb a day - does anyone know if NTL are strict about their download limits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I don't think they enforce it.

Advertisement