Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Out to Plasma

Options
  • 23-05-2004 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I have a GeForce 2 MX400 TV out card going to a pioneer plasma but it is only appearing in b&w - everything else is fine but no colour.

Have tried al the NVidia options, latest drivers installed. It's a scart connection that combines the 2 sound leads + the S-video. Sound is fine.

any ideas?
    Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The scart on the plasma might not support s-video, some scart wont allosw you to use an s-video through a scart converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Most should do nowadays, come on, a few thousand quid for a plasma and they don't support scart. I know I'd want my money back :)

Anyways, most likely you need to change the type of input the av channel is set to. Usual options are video, s-video and RGB/Component. Switch to the s-video and the b&w should now be colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

S video is only one to support colour its the tvs fault, btw you are a git bloody plasma tv //me jealous :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

had a similar problem connecting my laptop to my TV, using a ge force card.

Look in the ge force options, and set the output to PAL, or whatever standard we have here.
    I cant recall excatly where or which setting it is, but the cards output is set to USA by default, not Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

black and white on a PAL TV is usually caused by the card being set to output in PAL/SECAM (french standard).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

SHould be PAL I , i having same issue if i plug into Scart i dont get colour but do if i go to S Video.

You must have bought same thingy adapter i did ,one that does sound also.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Try all the scart connections. Found out the only one of the scart connections on the back of my widescreen tv only supported scarted s-video connection. You should also have a free standing scart connection on the side or front of the tv. Looks mess but diffently works.

The only other thing could be that pal Tv setting in the nvidia control tab like the others are saying.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Silly question i know, but are you sure your plasma doesn't support a VGA connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

Only getting to threads now - thanks for the help.

Will try them and let you know

Thks
    Buzz

Advertisement