Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know any clubs taking new players later in the year?

• 23-05-2004 1:08pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get back into the game, havnt played since I was a kid - am 28 now, originally from NZ - anyone know of any clubs (and contact details) for joining a club - realise its end of the season but hopefully the new season will come around fast!

Live on the Sthside - but would play anywhere I can get to easily for training/playing.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

www.leinsterrugby.ie has a full list of clubs, on the left hand side of the page 'club pages'.

I can't see why clubs would object to someone joining up at any time in the season.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks - Just had a look - any recommendations on clubs ?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Hi sheep shagger where in NZ are you from. Im livivg in cork and have been playing for dolphin rfc,im from Hamilton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Sheep Shagger - if your on the south side (dublin I presume), I would point you in the direction of the big clubs, as they have the most teams, so you have a better chance of getting a regular game..

Which one you play for depends on where on the southside you are..

So I would look at (in order of who I would go to if I were back at home) Terenure College, Landsdowne, St Marys, Old Wesley or Bective, Belvo, Greystones, Blackrock

Pick the big club thats closest to you, so you could get to and from training and games easiest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭imirish

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    Sheep Shagger -
    I would look at (in order of who I would go to if I were back at home) Terenure College, Landsdowne

good advice go to landsdowne top club which i play for and they are always looking for new players

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by imirish
    good advice go to landsdowne top club which i play for and they are always looking for new players

Can heartily recommend Lansdowne. Don't play myself but they've got a great youth setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by Sheep Shagger
    originally from NZ -

Like we couldn't tell!!!

Baa-aaa.
    :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

played a season with landsdowne, only problem for me was getting to killgobin up in the mountains where the J2+ teams play home games..

Any club you find will be good fun, as I said the main thing would be that they have more than one team and have a local bar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

Give Bective Rangers a try.

Especially if you used to be any cop. Last few times I've watched them they've been pretty dire.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Cheers guys for the info - should be able to find a club out of all those!

Joe90 - am from Palmerston North (originally).

• Advertisement
Advertisement