Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air America

• 23-05-2004 3:15pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else listened to Air America? I'm a fan of Al Franken, and when I heard he was getting his own show, I was looking forward to it, but the station is abit dull... Unless you're really politically minded, you could be very bored.. Frankens shows is basically him ranting, and while the points he raises are interesting and funny, after 20 minutes straight of it you get abit annoyed....

Flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Haven't listened to the station but read his book "Lies and the lying liars that tell them" and felt the book was poorly structured. He had good arguments but I felt they were overshadowed by rambling and often confusing dialogue. So I suspect he would totally wreck my head by actually listening to him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

the more I listen to the show, the better it gets, it seems the bit I picked up on was, like the aspect of the book you critcised, unstructured.

What I read of Lies.... I liked, although it was somewhat unstructured, the main problem I had was the attacks on people I never heard of (such as Anne Coulter), since then I have learnt more about these people, and so it makes more sense.
    Certainly worth a read, though, some brilliant points and attacks on the ignorance and arrogance of republicans in the US media

Flogen

Advertisement