Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fuji 128MB xd card

• 23-05-2004 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭

i recently got a fujifilm 128Mb XD memory card for €44.99 at shop@iol
    http://shop.iol.ie/shop/products.asp?groupid=9207&productid=XD128

also got a lovely fuji camera case for €9.99
    http://shop.iol.ie/shop/products.asp?groupid=9205&productid=FUJ40

i believe this is a lot cheaper than they usual go for....

but before you rush in be warned! i buy online all the time but never from shop@iol and the service was brutal! ordered 2 of these cards and the case on 11 april and had to make a few phone calls regarding it and only finally had teh last part of my order last week!

but if you don't mind chasing them up it's a good deal...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Their delivery charges seem to be very high for small items.
    DELIVERY CHARGES, PACKAGING AND OTHER SERVICES:

Delivery to Ireland (including both Republic and Northern Ireland)

€10.53 (IR £8.29) + VAT @ 20% for up to 25Kg
    For every Kg thereafter the additional price is €0.63 (IR £0.50) + VAT

the same xd card is €44.70 plus delivery (about 4 or 5 euro) from amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Thats great value. got mine for 50 when I bought the camera of Dixons. Believe its €69 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

blimey!
    my folks got a 64mb xD card a couple of weeks ago from pricestorm for £29.99 iirc:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

128 MB Fuji card from 7dayshop is £25.99 (about €39) and shipping is a flat fee of £1.95 up to 50 items.

They also do an XD card reader for £7.99 or a combined XD/Smartmedia card reader for £8.99. I got one for £7.99 and it's great - plug & play in win2k so it's loke having a pen drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

jeepers normally amazon is the first place i check for things - can't believe i missed that doh!

i had seen the 7 day shop offer but it wasn't explicitly stating it was a *fuji* 128mb card - is that the case? i didn't want to chance a non branded card....

in light of the prices available at amazon, i'd definitely say don't go anywhere near shop@iol!! the service is woeful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by fizzy

i had seen the 7 day shop offer but it wasn't explicitly stating it was a *fuji* 128mb card - is that the case? i didn't want to chance a non branded card....

They're Fuji cards, I bought 2 from them about 3 months ago for my S5000. I've not seen any unbranded XD cards yet, only Olympus and Fuji (Fuji seem to be cheaper).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

thanks for the info stem - it was just unclear cos they removed the logo from the pic and refer to both olympus and fuji in the description.
    7 day shop are great!

Advertisement