Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andalucia recommendations

• 23-05-2004 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi I am going to Andalucia for two weeks in July/August. I am going to rent a car and travel around. Has anyone any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I'll be there at the end of August myself. I was there last year around April. I didn't travel too much but I'd recommend visiting Ronda . It's a lovely little town up in the mountains (quite a scarey drive because of the other lunatics on the road!) an hour or so from Marbella.

Marbella itself is quite nice although very built up. Peurto Banus is worth a look too just to see how the other half live. I've never seen such a collection on expensive cars and massive yachts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by John2002
    Peurto Banus is worth a look too just to see how the other half live. I've never seen such a collection on expensive cars and massive yachts.

Expensive, *rented* cars. Most people around there are just there to be seen, kinda sad really.

Incase you're tempted to head to Gibraltar... DONT. It's just a total hole. Avoid like the plague. If you're into lots of driving, visting places of interest, then Granada and Seville are worth a visit.

Might be best to avoid swimming in the sea around the marbella/puerto banus/estepona area though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

Visit the Alhambra palace, near Granada, if you have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

I would suggest Granada, Ronda and Seville as places to see. I am going again in June. For car rental try www.drivespain.com I am renting a 5 dr Clio with air con for euro 114.95 p.w. all inclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. You are all very helpful. I appreciate it.
    If you think of anything else please let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Cordoba has a very attractive and almost totally preserved medieval centre, along with the Mezquita, which was the largest mosque in the world when constructed (and is still the third largest of any that were ever constructed). It's also easy to get to on the AVE from Seville (about 40 minutes IIRC).

Advertisement