Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information about PayPal

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Alan25r

Finally! What about this service though, does it cost anything? Also if someone sends me a credit card funded payment will I be able to send it directly into my bank account?

Why don't you try ikobo.com ? It's safe, very cheap and has a great coverage (170 countries). This service worked well for me. I think it's a good payment service.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I'm not so sure about iKobo. I was updating my address and credit card last week when I got loads of errors and my account was blocked. I had to fax a copy of my passport and recent phone bill and sent numerous emails and had to chat online with a represenative before I got it unblocked. Theres been some complaints about them on the net aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 larsson

This account blocking is a normal procedure I had to undergo as well. It's a security measure to verify you are who you claim to be. After you're cleared things work just fine. At least they did in my case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

osullima, did it appear that you were able to add your Irish bank account without any kind of verification? That's the way it worked for me which left me wondering... how? I would have thought they'd have to go through some kind of verification process and get back to me... but no?

Anyway I'll wait a day or two and then withdraw my funds to my AIB account. Please let us know how long it takes for your own funds to show up.

Thanks,
    -Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 larsson

Hmm, that is weird indeed. Makes you think if it really works or if it's legit. I thought all these types of operations like adding bank accounts and registering credit card had to be verified somehow. Strange, very strange. We'll see how things progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I don't recall having to authenticate my bank account when I setup my UK paypal account. Why would you need to, you can only withdraw from it, you can't use it as a source of funds.

Well we recently signed up a full merchant account with Worldpay and you wouldn't believe the amount of time it took (4 weeks) and the paperwork involved, including getting our bank to fill in a form, stamp it and send it off to Worldpay for us. I know it's not quite the same thing but I still would have expected some kind of background check before the bank account could be setup.

Maybe all these phishing scams are just making me nervous ;)

-Jim.
    http://eirepreneur.blogs.com

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

It takes up to 5-7 working days to withdraw funds to a bank account.

Of course, depending on what bank etc, it could batch quicker.

The reason you don't need to verify any information on your bank account is because you ONLY can withdraw to a bank account here in Ireland

You only need to verify your bank account, when -

You add funds to your paypal account from your bank account and make a balance payment to pay for something online/Ebay

You make a direct payment from your bank account into someones paypal account(only available in Canada, Germany, UK and the US i believe..) it could be more...

You dont need to become verified if you only have the facility to withdraw to a bank account. However you need to become verified in some way in order to lift your withdrawal limit....

Note - I withdrew a sum of money there on friday from PayPal to my AIB account and it went through this afternoon - 2 1/2 - 3 days....no problems

trap4 wrote:
    Well we recently signed up a full merchant account with Worldpay and you wouldn't believe the amount of time it took (4 weeks) and the paperwork involved, including getting our bank to fill in a form, stamp it and send it off to Worldpay for us. I know it's not quite the same thing but I still would have expected some kind of background check before the bank account could be setup.

Maybe all these phishing scams are just making me nervous ;)

-Jim.

Worldpay coverage is very small so I don't even think about joining them. Why don't you try ikobo ? It works very well for me so I guess it will be a good solution for you too.

Worldpay coverage is very small? Not sure how you mean Alan? As slow as it was to get setup with them we're very satisfied with the service they are now providing. We can accept payments from the vast majority (ie. practically all) of our customers in USD$, AUD$, NZD$, GBP£, and EUR€.

-Jim.

• Advertisement

I'd ignore Alan25r, it's plainly obvious he is connected to Ikobo!
    I know which *i'd* rather use if I were conducting business online - worldpay! Why would a customer want to bother setting up an account with ikobo and going through all the verification with them, when they can just enter in their card details and purchase instantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I stand by my informerical comments from the page 2 of this thread.

Worldpay is one of the better systems out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Finally! What about this service though, does it cost anything? Also if someone sends me a credit card funded payment will I be able to send it directly into my bank account?

Not directly, received money goes to "paypal account", it is up to you to then transfer it to your account (unless this can be automated) dammit I know nothing for sure about it, must check...

eth0_ wrote:
    I'd ignore Alan25r, it's plainly obvious he is connected to Ikobo!
    I know which *i'd* rather use if I were conducting business online - worldpay! Why would a customer want to bother setting up an account with ikobo and going through all the verification with them, when they can just enter in their card details and purchase instantly?

You are welcome. I was just trying to suggest an option for you. You can make any decision you want. Just because I have a good client relation with them doesn't mean I am connected with them in any way other than business.
    And I have nothing against their verification process because at least I feel a little more safer. I hope you know that automated verification actions used by paypal, worldpay and other payment systems are subject to a very high number of frauds. Check on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Yeah im really going to believe people on PayPal sucks.com.....

And anyway, who cares what paymeny system people use...as long as there is a little healthy competition and the customer has the right to choose..happy days.

Each company does one thing better than the other, no system is flawless,

I hope you know that automated verification actions used by paypal, worldpay and other payment systems are subject to a very high number of frauds.

Farcical statement.....back it up.....and dont post a link up for PayPal sucks .com....... or worldpay sucks .com...

You are obviously connected with Ikaboo.....and i agree with eth0_.......

Each system has its good points and bad....so im sick of this....Each system is good in its own right...

Jokah wrote:
    Yeah im really going to believe people on PayPal sucks.com.....
    Each system has its good points and bad....so im sick of this....Each system is good in its own right...

Yes I agree with you completely ... every system has its good and bad things. Everyone should choose whatever he or she likes. After all from this competiton the customers have the advantage.

alan25r - the more you post here, the more obvious it gets that you work for Ikobo!
    Mods - is his posting IP related to Ikobo?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

For balance what about reading this (i didn't go through it but its at the top on a google for ikobo sucks)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8621&st=0

Advertisement