Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well Done EA!

Options
  • 23-05-2004 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Outstanding job with the new patch!

Well....not really about the only good thing I can say about it is they split the LAW/m60. Now the heavy weapons are just about useless, Ok the m60 did need tamed slightly but ffs the RPD is now totally useless and it was the only decent weapon the NVA had and it always was weaker than the m60...now the crosshairs are as bad as those in FH for the anti-tank weapons its impossible to hit anything with them now unless u fire single shots. OK lie down people say..sure I know to go prone but you can't always especially if your taking cover behind a wall...what is the point of a heavy assult weapon that couldn't hit the side of a barn when standing or kneeling....I have been away for a couple of weeks and this patch came out I was over the moon, now I'm just so disappointed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I think you should be able to deploy the tri/bipod while prone. But thats just the dod in me talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

:rolleyes: M60 and Rpd ARE ment to be used prone or lieing down there not a "run around shotting everything that moves" weapon that vietnam made them you use them for defence and rifles for attack its pritty much the way its ment to be.FFS before the patch you could use the m60/rpd as sniper rifles/close range weapons it was totaly unrealistic the number of m60 newbes was appaling tbh.

They fixed the ak47/akms there as good as the m16 use them! i didnt have a problem with those weapons tonight either should you

I cant bleave people are complaning i really cant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I'm not saying you should be able to run around shooting and hitting everything, but at the very least you should be able to hit something from a kneeling or standing and not moving position...I havent tried the m60 yet but I had the RPD a few times and it was crap..the kick back sent the crosshairs well above the target everytime and they spread like a mofo. I mean I was standing on hue above the citadel and you couldn't even put suppresing fire on the bridge, the enemy when they discovered I had an RPD were delighted and ran around teasing me with impunity! and from that position behind a wall you can't go prone or even kneel because you cant see anything!

I have no qualms about using the akms at all and I like it too but tbh the RPD was the best thing the NVA had now what advantage do they have on maps like hue? they have no answer to the car15 at all.

I'm not saying you should be able to run around shooting and hitting everything,

Good because thats what the m60/rpd was
    but at the very least you should be able to hit something from a kneeling or standing and not moving position

You can but it takes a wee bit of skill now
    but I had the RPD a few times and it was crap..the kick back sent the crosshairs well above the target everytime and they spread like a mofo

Which is realistic afaik
    I was standing on hue above the citadel and you couldn't even put suppresing fire on the bridge

Its not a sniper rifle ;) your makeing the mistake of thinking the unpatched version was somehow right it wasnt
    had now what advantage do they have on maps like hue? they have no answer to the car15 at all.

Rob there car15s ak47 will kill them nice and fast nva didnt have the weapons the usa had

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The patch is great no more **** heads running around with M60's. People have been forced to use the other weapons. 1.1 is going to rock, about time the NVA got a decent attack chopper.

• Advertisement

well, at least the haven't fecked up the huey (yet)...but no doubt they will!

and I wish they gave the copilot on the hind some guns to even up that front too, thats the only problem with they huey, with a copilot its almost unstoppable.

Originally posted by Instant Karma
    well, at least the haven't fecked up the huey (yet)...but no doubt they will!

Oh yes the ultra fair huey :rolleyes: with its super guns that take down hinds in around 10 seconds flat giveing the nva no hope what so ever of getting helios in the air.....or jets.....or ground troops

It needs tweeking aswell

read my post again!

That was a quick edit there karma me old chum :D

well thats my only gripe with the huey and I rarely have a copilot anyway.

• Advertisement

Its fun when your rob the heuy/cobra and rape the ass of the usa .......i love that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spoungey

the new patch is great, anyone who use the m60/rpd constantly is imo a newbie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

meh i'd use the rpd all the time on nva as what other gun do they have, i can't believe they replace it with the type-53 on some maps its ridculous and the ak wasn't much better.

looking forward to giving the new patch a good run through

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

Karma (welcome back), they haven't edited your Huey rockets or my MI-8 ones so we're ok. :D

Splitting the M60 was a great idea.
    The changes to the weapons are a tad drastic. I gave them a good run through.
    Went to a crap server of 16 people, Irving. Shooting across bridge.
    I got 3 kills in the time it takes to get about 10. It is do-able(prone)(barely).

I saw some guy running around with the M60 in Quang Tri and he had no problem nailing my fat ass up close in an old-style shoot-n-charge.

We've seen the problem of USA losing their air units and being hammered by NVA many times and it sucks like a Limerick girl with no breakfast.
    This has to be addressed. And now the M60 ain't gonna do s**t for you either.
    Or the Huey gunship rampaging or unstopable cobra.
    The SA-7 has its limits and they are bad.

I like the changes, I started using the M14 in preparation and I like it for it's limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

On the patch...
    I agree that the M60 was too powerful. I don't think the RPD needed tweaking, now it's useless. What they should do is that when you right-click to zoom-up on the RPD/M60, it should treat you as having the bi-pod deployed and the recoil spray should be less. Also you could do something like, you can't move when you are zoomed up/ bi-pod deployed on the RPD/M60. That should allow you to give true suppressive fire like the guns were supposed to be used.

I played on a few servers over the weekend and I found a lot of NVA are now starting to steal the US guys M16s and CARs as they are better than the AK-47 (Rate of Fire).

Also I've noticed that since the patch, I've found that lag has increased . I noticed that the lag is very bad if you are in a vehicle. Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

Originally posted by Skittle

Also I've noticed that since the patch, I've found that lag has increased . I noticed that the lag is very bad if you are in a vehicle. Anyone else notice this?

That's weird, the patch was supposed to reduce vehicle overheads and thus reduce lag. Wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

Yeah, I was pissed off at first, but getting used to it now. Definitely more realistic.

Originally posted by Skittle
    I may agree with you after further testing.
    I can usually browse any servers for gaming madness but post-patch most were that bit higher ping than usual and while gaming I saw loads of ping-kicks on the servers that believe in kicking high ping people.
    I was about to save the NVA's ass with my stolen chopper when I got kicked.

What do people think of the enemy-flag proximity warning?
    It is quite a significant step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

Originally posted by Panzer81

It is quite a significant step.

Makes it harder to take a flag, and it might encourage a bit more teamwork. As in, it'll be rare now for one guy to get enough time to stroll up and take a flag now that the enemy get notified much earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It was in the old version if you have bots in the game. I think its good, only draw back is you have the voice over screming in your ear every 5 seconds.

• Advertisement

yeah I like the warning also, adds a nice buzz to the game especially the panic when you realise a flag is about to fall so you frantically run to try defend/retake it.

Bit of a pain when theres helios running around the place though

Exactly.
    Small maps with helos buzzing around...
    Okay, so that was me and some [nl] guy tonight, but still.
    I was crying on the inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Shank

I'm not sure I like this, I don't think the defenders should know there's enemy in the area till the flag goes white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

the game runs smoother me thinks, do u ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ok ... just a bit of information from the EA support about Battlefield Vietnam crashing while loading maps since v1.01 was installed. It is most likely due to a corruption of your profile data. In your main Battlefield Vietnam folder (most likely C?:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BFVietnam) there is a folder called "Settings". In the Settings folder, there is a sub-folder named "Profiles", and in this folder your personal data is kept. Deleting this folder should resolve the issue that you are experiencing.

So anyone having crash while loading map problems, delete your profile and it should fix it.

Advertisement