Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom Plug & Play ISDN Fault

• 23-05-2004 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Eircom installed ISDN Plug & Play ISDN on Friday. Both analogue ports work fine but when I connect ISDN modem and also ISDN router both get busy tone immediately when they try to dial anything.

Has this ever happened anyone else as Eircom's helpdesk yesterday morning said that once the line is there then everything should work even though I know both my ISDN devices work properly???

Any comments appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

If both lights are on on the ISDN PNP (Power and Network) are on and you know that the ISDN devices you have work perfectly and still get an busy tone, ring up eircom on 1901 and say Fault report after the guy says "Which discribes your reason for calling" then say your telephone and then area code and you should be put threw to the Eircom Repairs.

Tell them your problem, they should test your line and should tell you if any problems cant be found, if they cant diagnose the problem check your cat-5 / RJ-45 cables just incase.

I had the same problem before but it was the box that wasnt configured right for my numbers, see the manual you got with your ISDN PNP if you got one and see the config and trouble shooting.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭techie

Rang 1901 and they have it on their system for an engineer to check the exchange. All the numbers are programmed correctly as the analogue lines work perfectly. Probably got a dud ISDN Plug and Play box from Eircom. Will wait and see. Thanks for the reply.

yeh seems to happen alot!

Np Mate

Eircom have just tested my line and say it passed a bert test so as far as they are concerned everything is fine....however none of the FIVE different devices I use are getting a line from their ISDN box. They all say the same thing " No Carrier ". Anyone out there have the same problem :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Are both the network and power LEDs lit up?

• Advertisement

Yes both lights are always on. I have now tried a normal isdn phone and IT wont dial out either yet Eircom tech has run another BERT test and he says all is fine.

This is getting ridiculous now as so far have tried 5 differnet ISDN routers and three different ISDN ta's , all do not dial out yet Eircom say there is no problem!!! :(

i had that problem but it was the box at fault.

Just get onto eircom and tell them that it dosent work regardless of what their system says and that you demand they have it fixed (if they say you will have to pay tell them that You are paying for an service that you cant use which is fraud)

They are stubborn fools took 5 calls for them to replace my ISDN PNP Unit

ITS FIXED! Some guy from Eircom in Citiwest rang me today and said he changed something in that isdn hub up there. So het presto it works now!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

Has anyone had problems with the Eircom ISDN box overheating and causing both phone lines to develop faults? I'm now on my 3rd ISDN box.

I just realised that if I hang the box by a string in the free air, my problems go away.

Advertisement