Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom stats not updating

• 23-05-2004 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I've noticed over the last week or so that my eircom download stats haven't been updating, or if they have, they're underestimating by a long way. Currently my stats say that I've downloaded 689MB so far in May, but my DUMeter says I've downloaded 2.54GB so far this month. I've checked to make sure that DUMeter is just monitoring my broadband connection and not double counting.

Anyone else find their eircom stats are well below what they should be ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Yep mine haven't been counting for about a week or two. I think I read they're planning to start charging in June or so, so maybe they're working on the site, or maybe it's just screwed again :P....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Yeah it said i had downloaded 1117 MB a few days back and still says that..

They are doing improvements so who knows, maybe they dont know that we are downloading stuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

try pluggin out your router, and pluggin it back in after about 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

I turn my netopia off when not i use and my stats are far from accurate as well.

So its definatly the site :)

Grayarea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Its updating it pretty slow. On my page the last update was on the 20th May.

Have anyone noticed that there's no longer calculations for exceeding the cap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 SolarSys

eircom were having problems with their stats page a while back, but thats because they were revamping the stats server, but now the new stats server is completely accurate as they are charging if you go over your monthly download limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

hmm my stats are going down!!!

on the 5th of may i was at 850megs and currently im on 320megs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by SolarSys
    eircom were having problems with their stats page a while back, but thats because they were revamping the stats server, but now the new stats server is completely accurate as they are charging if you go over your monthly download limit.

is that so, where did you get this info from?

Originally posted by SolarSys

I know that I have downloaded over 3Gb but my stats page says 320Mb and no activity in the last week (when I have been on xbox live every night for 4hrs).

So it certainly is not accurate!

Grayarea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Well the stats server might be working but the front end certainly isn't. Mine hasn't been updated at all and I switch everything off every night. I seriously doubt Eircom will be charging people without telling them how much they've downloaded so far, it would be like enforcing speed limits but disallowing speedometers :) .
    Also, Eircom said on the last bill everybody got that they would be notifiying their customers before they start charging, I haven't been notified and haven't heard of any others who have either...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 tubes

maybe eircom aren't keeping track of downloads or at least they dont have the capability to do so. wink wink ;);)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the stats are back working and up-to date again, my stats were reporting only 3gig over past 2 weeks but now up to 7gigs so looks like it was tracking everything we download afterall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,205 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Originally posted by Blitz
    Stuck with €ircon ISDN you incompitent fools (refereing to €ircon)

you think they are incompetent yet you cant even use a spellchecker?

Originally posted by Gonzo
    the stats are back working and up-to date again, my stats were reporting only 3gig over past 2 weeks but now up to 7gigs so looks like it was tracking everything we download afterall.

Hummm, since this morning when I posted, I have achieved the impressive feat of reducing the amount I have downloaded!

I must admit however that last nights usage seems to have been logged, however they are overall, for this month way out.

Grayarea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Mine have increased slightly, but still not even in the ballpark of what I've downloaded this month.

Advertisement