Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MARTIN BRUNDLE -hilarious

• 23-05-2004 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Find the Grand Prix a yawn.Only watch it for Brundles pre race shenanigans at the start.One of those -so bad that hes good. Great comedy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One of these days someone very rich and famous will lamp him!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Yeah, I love his grid walks.

Quote:
    Brun: "Who are you?"
    Anon: "Er, nobody....."

Quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i really like his grid walks, though i think he milks his thing where he gave the king of spain a run in a car once, he uses it every time your man is around.

i watch F1 on utv because of martin brundle, i don't particularly like the people on network 2 and james allen is a bit of a twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I like the grid walk too. He's just hilarious.
    Dont watch the Network 2 F1's either. I find their commentary a bit bore. Always exiting on UTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Yeah, Allen is a bore, and NET2 sucks balls, but Brundle is a great commentator, and his pitwalks are hillarious! He has some occasional genius comments while commentating too, Autralia: saying Baumgartner shouldn't even be allowed to drive a road car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah i love brundle's random person chat. when he can't find anyone interesting he just stops some stranger and asks them why they're there. and he gets so p|ssed if people walk in his way yet he has no problem barging into someone elses conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah he's great. tim allen is there because he's the person most likely to be like murray walker (minus the mistakes) in the future. he's doing a pretty decent job in my opinion.

rte is just ****e. that red head bloke goes on like brundle but actually knows NOTHING of the sport. and the other guy... he used to do rugby!! how far removed from f1 can you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I think he does the golf too...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

seeing as we are having a go at the RTE F1 commentary team.... Does any one else hate it when we hear of Nikki Heidfeld, last i knew it was Nick. How is heidfeld refered to on ITV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

ITV would be ok if they fired Tony Jardine who's in the studio, I hate that guy.

Originally posted by brainstorm
    seeing as we are having a go at the RTE F1 commentary team.... Does any one else hate it when we hear of Nikki Heidfeld, last i knew it was Nick. How is heidfeld refered to on ITV?

they must be on an intimate first name basis now that he drives for jordan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

ITV should get Ben Edwards to partner Brundle imo., he used to be very good when Eurosport covered F1..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I think he does the golf too...
    And soccer - another one to add to the list
    seeing as we are having a go at the RTE F1 commentary team.... Does any one else hate it when we hear of Nikki Heidfeld, last i knew it was Nick.
    It's like when Pedro Diniz was in F1, the RTE twat used to call him "Pedro Paulo Diniz"

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Originally posted by ro_chez
    ITV should get Ben Edwards to partner Brundle imo., he used to be very good when Eurosport covered F1..

Aye, him and John Watson were just sublime. They sounded excited about the racing, the RTE pair are just dull... dull like golf.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

I used to hate watching it on RTE but after watching it for the last while on Speed in the states I am glad to be home watching RTE again!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

Yup the Eurosport team were brilliant and they used to cover every session.. happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by ro_chez

is that the guy that used to commentate on Cart aswell on Eurosport a few years back? He was brilliant. I think he does Toca commentary now on Speed sunday. Man I used to love watching F1 on the Sunday morning and in the evening watch the crashes in Cart with people like Montoyo and Zanardi dominating! Whatever happened to Eurosport?

TBH I think the commentator with the multiskills on Rte is ok, he really gets into the race when it gets exciting, I have a few races recorded where he goes mental :D like Canada '98 when Frentzen was pushed off by SchumacherM. I don’t like the other idiots on Rte though, they use this phrase a lot: 'a little bit' >>> usually means a lot, like for instance 'Jordans Ford engine is a little bit slow compared to Ferrari's'

Originally posted by ando
    ! Whatever happened to Eurosport?

Its still going strong but NTL still wont bring it back.

Mike.

FFS them twats, well at least I can watch big brother at 3am on E4 :dunno:

Gonna give Ntl a ring on tuesday

• Advertisement

NTL:
    I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed by our decision to replace Eurosport with CNBC Europe. This decision is based on reliable market research by two independent research companies. Inevitably, despite the findings of the research there will always be disappointed customers when a channel change is implemented.

While Eurosport will no longer be available to ntl subscribers, either as part of our basic tv pack or our Go Digital pack, we would like to remind customers that there is still thousands of hours of sport available on our other basic tv pack channels. In particular, all the main tennis tournaments are still covered on these channels. We do appreciate your feedback and always strive to improve our channel line up.

so who does show Eurosport in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Sky digty does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

I actually dont mind the black haired guy on Net2 but the redser is a bit kiddie-fiddlerish, always rubbing his hands together and squinting. He also seems to like himself a bit too much

I hate the pitwalks. WTF right have the likes of Naomi Campbell et al got to be on a pitlane 5 mins before a race

Originally posted by brocklanders
    I hate the pitwalks. WTF right have the likes of Naomi Campbell et al got to be on a pitlane 5 mins before a race

i reckon you're just jealous or wait no thats me

Originally posted by brocklanders

yea monaco is full of that crap, all the celebs there for the glamour and dont give a f*ck about the race. 'Naomi, who do you want to win?'... 'ehm the red car' :rolleyes:

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed by our decision to replace Eurosport with CNBC Europe. This decision is based on reliable market research by two independent research companies.

I did'nt belive it then I still dont! They must a canvassed opionion during a quiet spell in the sporting calender when Eurosport was covering indoor bob-sledge or other obscure winter sport.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

rte is just ****e. that red head bloke goes on like brundle but actually knows NOTHING of the sport. and the other guy... he used to do rugby!! how far removed from f1 can you get?

yea, david kennedy is the red guy. Funny thing is, he's driven in F1 & Lemans, one of Ireland's more successfull drivers in fact. I spoken to him in the flesh and he is actually very knowledgeable. I guess he turns off his brain when he gets on the mic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

I hate watchin the RTE coverage. They make so many mistakes it is unbelievable. The dark haired guy, Peter Collins or summat, is completely clueless.

Advertisement