Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get a vote

Options
  • 24-05-2004 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭

i am currently on the electoral roll and would love to use my vote in the upcoming elections : the problem is i am going to a wedding that friday in the uk -thereore leaving on thurs, just doen a trawl of gov. and council websites and can't find any way of getting a vote, if the gov. wants people to vote they need to make it easier to vote, i used to have the same problem in previous elections cos i used to do alot of work in london and was never here, i would like to be able to use my democratic right but it seems that the gov wants to stop me
    funny my parents comnstituency in the uk has gone to a completely postal vote - whats with having elections on a friday anyway.
    so it looks like no-one gets my vote this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sorry as of 5pm today, you can't change the register.

Just give your ID to your local Sinn Féin rep, they'll get a look-a-like to vote for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

already registered filled the forms out months ago - the problem is this weddings come up and now have no way of voting (would use sinn fein tactic if i wanted to give them my vote)

Advertisement