Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BSOP] Boards.ie Open Final - looking for venue

Options
  • 24-05-2004 10:01am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

The final is upon us and will take place this Saturday 29th - time & place to be organised. The lucky finalists are:

Musician
    Iago
    Kencleary
    Tricky D
    Samson
    Davey Devil
    Hyzepher
    Karl H
    Spiritus

Will will need a venue so if anyone wants to volunteer their home for a few hours let me know

Hyzepher

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Unfortunately, I will be in the US on Saturday next.
    Don't suppose bringing the game forward to Wednesday would be a possibility?
    I could volunteer my shack as venue for the night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think Wednesday might be a bit tight - I'll see what I can do.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

can't play wednesday im afraid. tuesday and saturday are the only free nights i have this week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

My gaff can be used if you want, I'm working til 6 Saturday but would be home for 7 and the game could start around half seven/eight or whatever. My place is in Crumlin, and seeing as Pudding didn't make the final he needn't worry about getting his car knicked ;)

Originally posted by karlh2001
    can't play wednesday im afraid. tuesday and saturday are the only free nights i have this week :(

Tuesday would suit me too, but I dare say it's far too little notice for the majority.

• Advertisement

OK

Final is definitely Saturday - sorry Samson - too many cant make it during the week.

Your chips will be put out and anted away - we'll let you know where you finished.

Hyzepher

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    ...we'll let you know where you finished.

Very funny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

You never know Samson. Ks v As and a player goes and you get one place higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Originally posted by Samson
    Very funny.

He's not being funny. Mickste didn't turn up on Saturday and he out lasted twosheds.

It is unlikely you will be first out.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'll consider hosting the final. Other cash/home game will be starting at about 7 or 8, get your names down for that if you want to be suree of a place.

If possible I'd like to start the BSOP final at 4pm, 5pm at the very latest. I can deal for you if you like.
    I'll pm you all directions after lunch.

• Advertisement

Final @ 4pm in Lafortezza's place - sharp!

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll head out and deal for you if you like. I'll be in for the hot cash action afterwards!

DeV.

Advertisement