Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gah(one of those days)

• 24-05-2004 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

I am doing a course in computer programming and applications(aka bs but whatever) anyhow i have a module in work experience. It is a core subject so i need to pass this module to pass the course. I only ever went into one class the whole year because quite frankly the teacher is a nasty cow. Last thursday i handed in all my work in plastic sleeves which included a written diary of my work experience. She handed me a insurance form to get filled out and i did and brought it back today. She then proceeds to tell me that i didn't hand in any reports and the only time she saw the reports was ages ago not in their plastic folder, i said that she was wrong and she insisted she wasn't. She can be a bit of a cow and i said well can i hand them in now she said yes but only if it's in plastic sheets. I said fine and went to a shop to buy some, while i'm walking i think that hey wait a second my diary is handwritten and is 20 % of my mark. I return to the school and go into her room and we talk about it (her always in her narky bitchy tone). She says that i have to stay around the place(i've got no classes to go to everything is finished, i had planned on catching troy with a friend 2 frickin hours ago) so here i am with the examier coming in tomorrow and as far as she is concerned i have not handed up any work. I asked her if i didn't hand up my work how did she give me the insurance form to which i never did get an answer.

What actually happened on thursday(when i handed it in):

I went into the room and talked to her and she moaned at me etc and she then gave me a tan colour folder to put my work into along with my diary. She rummished for a insurance form and found a copy on top of the filing cabinent. As all this was happening a guy from another work experience class came in and asked her to ring his work experience placement once again, she replied that she has tried 3 times today and that she is busy and cannot keep ringing forever. He said ok just ring one more time and then you can leave it.She said go down to the reception and ask for special permission to ring his work placement.

I know what the guy looks like but do not know his name. I asked the receptionist ealier if any guy on thursday after 10am asked if they could use the form concerning work experience. She said she didn't remember. The work experience teacher said she was looking for the folder, so at least she has seemingly moved from saying i never handed it up to implying that it's missing.

I refuse to fail this course because of her failure to keep track of my folder. She kept moaning at me that i haven't been in all year and yes i am completely open to criticism on that but that does not in any way connect with what happened. If she does not find it i will lodge a complaint with both the school and department of education. She kept saying that she didn't have to take my work because of it being so late in. I said that there were no deadlines given and she said that you needed a certain amount of days in class to be eligable for the module. I replied i realise that and have previously checked it up and it's 40 hours for the year and that would include my work experience so i'm covered. If she honestly lost it that i can forgive, if it's a case that she is merely doing this out of spite (in truth i wouldn't put it past her) then i'm well annoyed. If this is the case then ............ Ihaven't lost my cool when talking with her but i've come close to it because of her insistance i am wrong. The examier comes in tomorrow and he needs to see my work, it may in these circumstances be able to delay etc but i'm not sure. Either way i don't want college or uni next year but merely the option. I realise this is scattered, i have a copy of all the reports and all i'd have to do out again would be the diary but if i handed it up to her and then she found the original i'd be screwed.

Ok i needed to vent this because it's annoying, any advice/tips ? No curses in the reply because of the blocker on the pc's

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Sounds to me like she's a spiteful b*itch and that she did lose your folder but is not going to admit that. She's also doing everything to turn the blame over to you. Lodge your complaints, get the b*tch!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

that sucks. I'm also having a pretty sh*t day.

so far-
    Got my mini disc player stolen from my school bag when i left it in class with about 30 other bags for half an hour. Pulled a muscle (i think) in my arm picking up my schoolbag. AND on top of all that, i ran out of hair gel.

im off to bed before something else happens. maybe i'll get a bed-sore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyhow to what happened afterwards, i had to wait around the school all day wiating for the bitch to come and see me if she had found it. I went to her she was like blah blah blah you didnt hand it up. I said look miss i did i can remember it ****ing vividly so cut the crap, i'm not gonna screw up this course because of your incomptence. I said i'm gonna have to take this further to the department or my solicolor and she said well look i have the last say and i said back look this course is important to me and i'll appeal it in every way possible i refuse to allow this to happen. I rang my solociolter and said the sitaution and that i wanted her to you know ring and use thinly veiled threats or whatever. So she rings and 30mins later the bitch finds it. I go up to her and she doesnt even apologise just says that the reason she didnt find it was because i had handed it up so late and that she had left it and she pretty much inferred it was my fault. I kept my mouth shut because in these cases if you just ontinously agree with someone they dont have anything to fight you on, she said i had to bring backa supervisor report tomorrow and if i didnt id fail the course. The supervisor report was meant to sent out by her and returned by my work experience placement with no interaction by me. I went to my work experience and they said that there was some problem with the post and that she wanted the work experience teacher to ring her. I go in today and i say this to the work experience and she again moans that no its too late and this is unfiar and again i continously agree and say its terrible but stress the point that she must ring the person and i will not take no for a anser, so she says fine and rings and everything is fine. I am not good with confrontation, over the years iv'e learnt to make myself do it if need be but i still feel drained after it, today i didnt cos i wa\s just ****ing pissed off at her. When my resu8lts are published i will lodge a complaint against the school and her within the school and the department of education.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Good on you man. By the looks of it, she deserves to be fired. Don't take any more crap from her. I wouldn't.

I do declare kennet if we keep meeting like this ppl will talk ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

You might be better lodging a WRITTEN complaint with the department head so that if the results come out biased against you then you have written evidence of her desire to be biased BEFORE you ever saw the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Paladin's right there. Get the complaint in first with another teacher or supervisor.

Thanks for the reply people, my fear is that if i send ina complaint she will screw me over but i suppose i have a legit reason if my results are ****ed and can get them externally examined by the department of education. I also know the schools does contracts on a one year basis and that her interview is next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

It really does sound like she has f****d up and lost your work and doesn't want to admit it. You should lodge a formal complaint, if there is a councillor in your school I would suggest approaching them and discussing the matter with them before going to your principal. The reason being that a councillor is likely to be more open-minded and not jump to the conclusion that the teacher couldn't possibly be wrong. After lodging a well written complaint with your principal, I would then discuss it with your parents..

This kind of behaviour from a teacher is completely unacceptable, hope everything works ok for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by ronano
    I do declare kennet if we keep meeting like this ppl will talk ;)

What if they are already? :eek:

Edit: Anyway, what everyone else says I'd agree with, I'd go for it bro...

• Advertisement
Advertisement