Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real sack Queiroz

• 24-05-2004 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Love to see him come back to united, maybe he might end up going to portugal tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Wats the bets he will be back as manager of Utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Walter Samuel was also supposed to be unveiled as the first signing, but they stopped a preliminary medical because of something they found with his knee. They're now going to do a full medical after the Copa America tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He'd be most welcome back at United, no doubt, but maybe not as manager yet. I'd gibe him another couple of years as Assistant Manager to Ferguson, then take over with Keane as his assistant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Not entirely unexpected. Real sack managers for the sake of it sometimes, let alone after the bad season they have had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

No trophies at Madrid this season. That was pretty much a guarantee of his sacking. It makes the sacking of Vicente Del Bosque look all the more stupid now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Did AF ever get round to replacing Queiroz? If not then it could be quite likely...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Crazy Real. He spent the whole season trying to convince the chairman that they needed a Defender, he gets one, then gets sacked.. Sickner!!

Originally posted by p.pete
    Did AF ever get round to replacing Queiroz? If not then it could be quite likely...

Not quite, Walter Smith was signed on a short term contract a while ago, but he's off this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by p.pete

Walter Smith was brought in as short term replacement during the season. I wouldn't mind seeing Queiroz back at OT but *not* as the head man yet.

IIRC he left United on good terms last summer.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SteM
    IIRC he left United on good terms last summer.

Yeah, he did. Ferguson told him to take the Real job.

I wonder it Carlos would even consider going back to United however. He may want to take another managers job. Possibly Porto, seeing as they will probably be managerless sometime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by seansouth
    I wonder it Carlos would even consider going back to United however. He may want to take another managers job.

Yeah, I mentioned that in another thread last week. Why would he even want to go back to being a number 2 when he's been in charge of one of the top teams in Europe for the last year? I heard or read somewhere that Sporting Lisbon would be interested in him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

dont forget Porto will need a new manager :)

I always saw appointing him a mad choice, a team full of the best players in the world and a manager with little or no real managment experience..

It would have been better to get an old fella in there for a year or two and have him as the number two with the aim of him taking over after a short while..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Heres a shot in the dark....
    Quieroz at anfield maybe?
    :rolleyes::dunno:

Don't think Liverpool would appoint a manager with a "United History", and I don't think he'd go there anyway. I think he may harbour ambitions to be the United manager one day, and a move to Liverpool may scupper this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    I always saw appointing him a mad choice, a team full of the best players in the world and a manager with little or no real managment experience..
    He was appointed as a stop-gap manager who would bring some discipline to the playing staff while the club waited for the manager they wanted. Real wanted Wenger (a stepping stone to getting Vieira and Henry) but he refused to break his contract with Arsenal. Quieroz is big on discipline and Perez wanted him to sort out the playboys that del Bosque was leaving to their own devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Love to see him come back to united, maybe he might end up going to portugal tho....

I Could see Maurinho at Real instead of going to Chelsea. Which might see Carlos managing Porto if that was to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Camacho has already been appointed as manager of Real Madrid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

sorry didnt see it.
    /me wipes glasses
    What will happen if he doent win the League. he will lose his job like CQ and another manager will take over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

He had a fair bit of expierence managing both Portugal and South Africa, led SA into WC2002 before falling out with the SA FA

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=17138&itype=466

Has had a fairly good carrer, managing and coaching impresively....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3019664.stm

see the little black box...

And from http://www.fansfc.com/manunited/news.asp?newsid=127775
    And Queiroz has hinted he would be tempted to return to Old Trafford, where he formed a winning partnership last season as Sir Alex Ferguson’s right-hand man.

great news for manu fans....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

he is also the favourite to take over at spurs. united players and fans speak highly of him and think he would be great for spurs....

currently at 4/1 with betfair and coming in all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think he wants to be Man Utd manager and that the real job was a chance for him to get some experience.
    He can rejoin Fergie now and prepare to take over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Wasnt surprised to hear he got the sack. Madrid were bad this season but what do you expect when you dont replace defenders? I would like it if he came bak to united but not as manager. he did was a No.2 and i think he should be on the couching staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Its an absoulte disgrace.
    He is just a scapegoat the real madrid board are to blame.

Querioz asked florentino perez 11 months ago could he sign 2 defenders and a holding midfield player and they refused to sanction it. Look what was the teams achilles heal all season.

Say what you like about RM`s attacking talent to succeed in the game the team must be properly balanced. Good Strikers, Good midfielders and Good defenders are an essential part of a winning team. Look at Milan for example. Seedorf, Shevchenko, Kaka and inzaghi alone didnt win them the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

still though fourth in the league for real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Dewey
    Wasnt surprised to hear he got the sack. Madrid were bad this season but what do you expect when you dont replace defenders? I would like it if he came bak to united but not as manager. he did was a No.2 and i think he should be on the couching staff.

Because as all united fans know being manager at Real , isnt half as good as being united's NO.2 and that he was crazy to take the job in the first place .

Advertisement