Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat offer 4 months free broadband

Options
  • 24-05-2004 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

The company said that it will give consumers three month trials of its ADSL broadband product for free, with no obligation to sign up for the service on a fee-paying basis after the trial period concludes. Customers that do opt to stay with service after the trial period ends will be eligible for another free month of service.

Esat BT offers free broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭minority

Does this mean that you can change from another provider to Esat and get 4 months free.
    God, i hope so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Good stuff. I hope their customer services are up to the demand

Fair play to Bill Murphy for this 'stunt' . :D

M

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I can think of 3 or 4 places off the top of my head that were saying they would have to see first what difference DSL made to how they currently connect. must see what details can be found on this. Anyone know if there is still the install fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I've just gotten a call from IOL, my account has been set up and I'm awaiting delivery of a shiny modem.

The catch is, if you don't return the modem after the trial, they start charging you (I was asked for account details).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    The catch is, if you don't return the modem after the trial, they start charging you (I was asked for account details).
    In all fairness, that's not much of a catch, is it?

(I presume they start charging you the €40/month rate, not the €47/month rate? And do you get charged a setup fee at any point?)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ripwave
    In all fairness, that's not much of a catch, is it?

(I presume they start charging you the €40/month rate, not the €47/month rate? And do you get charged a setup fee at any point?)

Yep to both.

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    Yep to both.
    So, when do they charge you a setup fee, and how much is it?

Originally posted by Ripwave
    So, when do they charge you a setup fee, and how much is it?

After the trial you get charged the self-install fee, it is €90 I think. I'm sceptical despite having repeatedly questioned the sales person about this repeatedly.

I'm fully expecting another Esat cock-up in billing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

did ya ask them if yer three months starts when they send the modem out or whhen you plug it in and switch it on on receipt of same...maybe 10 days later :(

M

Originally posted by Muck
    did ya ask them if yer three months starts when they send the modem out or whhen you plug it in and switch it on on receipt of same...maybe 10 days later :(

M

That's a good point, I'll have to get on the phone to them and clarify when the trial actually starts.

By the way, just after checking my e-mail, I received 32 identical e-mails telling me I'd just been signed up for IOL Broadband :o Maybe they thought the mass mailing would beat the spam filters :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by minority
    Does this mean that you can change from another provider to Esat and get 4 months free.
    The wholesale offer behind this only applies to brand new bitstream customers who have never had DSL before.

Advertisement