Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mustard and Hair Problems

Options
  • 23-05-2004 5:55pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, I've considered asking on PI about this one in the past but I think here it'll be treated with proper seriousness. I'm sure that all you mustard fans (and english mustard fans in particular) have noticed that regular doses of mustard in the diet put hairs in all sorts of places but particularly on the chest. Now, while I don't have anything against hairy chested people, it can seriously ruin my mustard experience. What's the solution and how do others cope with this problem? Am I alone in this predicament?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Originally posted by ecksor
    ...it can seriously ruin my mustard experience.

The only situation I can imagine in which being hairy infringes on your mustard-related enjoyment is you spreading mustard onto somebody's chest.

Sweet things yes, but mustard? This is a new one for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Alas I haven't met the girl who is willing to do the mustard thing. If any of ye are reading ye know where to PM me (no hairy chested girls please).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

So it was my liking for mustard that did this to me, and there was me thinking it was the Guinness...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

who would have thunk it!? Mustard helps fight hair loss....

(ok technically it's mustard oil, but mustard based all the same!)

HOME REMEDIES
    Several home remedies have been found useful in the prevention and treatment of hair loss.

The most effective among these remedies is a vigorous rubbing of the scalp with the fingers, after washing the hair with cold water. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it starts to tingle with heat. This will activate the sebaceous glands and energise the circulation of blood in the affected area, making hair growth healthy.

Mustard oil, boiled with henna leaves, is useful in promoting healthy growth of hair. About 250 grams of mustard oil should be boiled in a tin basin. A little quantity of henna leaves should be gradually put in this oil till about 60 grams of these leaves are thus burnt in the oil. The oil should then be filtered through a cloth and stored in a bottle. Regular massage of the head with this oil will produce abundant hair.

http://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/hairloss.asp

Sure isn't that the problem?

Edit: Link removed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

LOL
    I didn't see that thread! :D
    a merge is in order me thinks

lordy
    I never knew that mustard was so versatile!

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

It's creeping into all of the threads !

Advertisement