Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who Next for Liverpool

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Rooster if you watched the match, Ronaldo was good in the first half, but in the second half he went back to his old self and had lots of flair with little results.

Van Nist did what he always did and did it well.
    It was a close one which could go either way.

I think hes **** because I don't like the fact that he is so detached, I think it's just a gimmick to make himself look better. No Gusto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by The Rooster

IMO Owen and Gerrard should have no say in who is the manager. But it is clever of LFC to make them think they have a say.

They DO have a say, both could walk and have intimated they will if the future looks no better than the recent past.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Interesting Story here . On first reading it I thought it was just the usual muck tabloid making a story out of nothing but thinking about it why would parry have made those comments. Is it an invitation for bids for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Interesting Story here . On first reading it I thought it was just the usual muck tabloid making a story out of nothing but thinking about it why would parry have made those comments. Is it an invitation for bids for him?
    That's just Parry messing with people's heads by telling the press what they want to hear but still leaving it open to interpretation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Parry is NOT inviting offers he's just scaring fans!

He's just said today that the decision on a new manager will be decided in the next two weeks rather than taking till end of June so I think Benitez is our man...

edit> Just read that Benitez agent says his man will have made a decision about the Valentia offer by the end of the week.

Mike.

At 9.00am this morning Rafael Benitez's agent contacted Valencia to tell them that Benitez has rejected their offer and refuses to see out his final year of contract. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

That would be good news for Liverpool but like all deals we will have to wait and see until its actually announced. Benitez is still in the wheeling and dealing stage so it aint over til its over.

By the way Bannor, how did you get the Mourinho move so wrong:

> I reckon it's Spurs - he had a verbal agreement with them the night that Porto played Marseille in
    > the Champions League back in November. The person who told me Houllier had left Liverpool has also
    > been told that Abramovich has given Ranieri one more season.

at least it shows your contact (journo?) is human after all :-)

Originally posted by redspider
    By the way Bannor, how did you get the Mourinho move so wrong:

> I reckon it's Spurs - he had a verbal agreement with them the night that Porto played Marseille in
    > the Champions League back in November. The person who told me Houllier had left Liverpool has also
    > been told that Abramovich has given Ranieri one more season.

at least it shows your contact (journo?) is human after all :-)
    My info came from an agent who had dealings with Chelsea. He was told minutes after Ranieri's meeting with Abramovich that he would be the manager next season. Days before he named Chelsea, Mourinho made a statement in a press conference that he had a verbal agreement with the club which initially approached him and he wouldn't go back on it. Previously he made known that Spurs approached him and he agreed to join them until they said they wanted him immediately. So taking Abramovich and Mourinho at their word it followed that Mourinho would be going to Spurs but as things often go in the world of football transfers : 2+2 = 5! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Here's todays interesting Story ragarding steven Gerrard. Up until now I would have been of the opinion that he would never consider playing for United. In this article he appears to be hedging his bets and while a move to united would still be highly unlikely he certainly is not dismissing the idea totally. This article taken in conjuction with Parrys recent statament has me wondering if there might be something to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement