Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6600 - Predictive Text

Options
  • 24-05-2004 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Ok here it does!:
    Any time i add a new word it now becomes the default word when i type, its really annoying, especially if its a rarely used word that now becomes the defualt word over something that is commonly used. Also if sometimes you type one in by accident, this now incorrectly spelt word becomes the default, highly annoying! Is there any way of changing which one becomes default or resetting the predictive text?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think T9 keeps track of how many times you've used each word, and defaults to the one you use the most. Try inputting the other word a few times into a message, and it should become the default.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

do you mean "insert word" option? cos if so i've used that many times!
    And if you mean just switching through the words by hitting * i do that all the time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i never see why people use predictive text when its so obvious normal text is faster and takes up less characters.

just dont use it! learn to press '#' really quickly between letters on the same number and your sorted.

I dunno i find predictive text to be faster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

Theres a file on ur phone somewhere (i forget where, somewhere on c:) which holds user words for the t9 dictionary. Its something like t9DB.dat
    Its def T9 <<Something>> .DAT
    look for that using a file explorer (its in system folder soewhere, maybe messaging, mail, something like that) and copy it to mmc or move it to pc via bluetooth. open it up in notepad and ull see the words u use (there's a space between each letter)
    U cud prob edit it there, take out the words u dont want and replace it on the phone.
    I DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK, i did the first half but never bothered copying it back to the phone. make backups, be careful. It probably wont crash ur phone, but it mite at the sametime, so just make a backup of the file without edits and do a phone memory backup before hand.

hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Off topic but one thing I really miss on the 6600 is a countdown timer /stopwatch. I had it on my previous Nokia but not on this beast. Shame /

Originally posted by dermoto
    Theres a file on ur phone somewhere (i forget where, somewhere on c:) which holds user words for the t9 dictionary. Its something like t9DB.dat
    Its def T9 <<Something>> .DAT
    look for that using a file explorer (its in system folder soewhere, maybe messaging, mail, something like that) and copy it to mmc or move it to pc via bluetooth. open it up in notepad and ull see the words u use (there's a space between each letter)
    U cud prob edit it there, take out the words u dont want and replace it on the phone.
    I DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK, i did the first half but never bothered copying it back to the phone. make backups, be careful. It probably wont crash ur phone, but it mite at the sametime, so just make a backup of the file without edits and do a phone memory backup before hand.

hope this helps.
    Cool i may give this a lash if it gets any worse! Thanks man!

Advertisement