Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dúnáras

Options
  • 24-05-2004 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Has anybody got any experience with Dúnáras student accommodation in Galway? I'm thinking of applying (since Gort na Coiribe is fully booked and 170 people on the waiting list) but it does seem a bit far out (Bishop O'Donnel road - out in the Westside area). The room *sounds* good (I haven't actually seen it, but they do have internet access and en-suite as standard). The price is €3420 for the year, plus a €685 deposit (€200 of which is refundable, less any damage costs). A little steep? Works out at €90 a week. Any thoughts?

(I'm going to be going into 1st year, so I'm not really able to rent a private house/appartment, I'm trying to get into a student village. Dúnáras seems to be the only one with availability - possibly a bad thing)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

well Dun Aras is not too bad , its about 10- 15 mins walk from the college and anyone I talked to said that the place its self was exellent. Corrib village is the typical place for first years to go , I went there myself . it is quite expensive and a wee bit of a kip but the craic is mighty, infact anyone I met in first year I met in corrib village as it is pretty much exclusivly first years. but anyway dun aras is a grand place , I may i fact go out there myself mext year, but it is a wee bit far once you realise that its raining 90 per cent of the time when you have to walk in for a nine o clock lecture.

Advertisement