Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is better componet YUV or RGB with progressive scan on both.

Options
  • 24-05-2004 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Which is better componet YUV or RGB with progressive scan on both.

I have epson tw10 PJ and yamaha s540 which is the better quality to connect?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

... usually RGB is the best choice, as far as i know there's the least amount of processing needs to get done to it in the projector as long as the signal is of sufficient quality going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Prog scan is possible only via component and component is the only format better than RGB via scart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

In your setup, component would be better. DVD disks are recorded in component format, the DVD player can output the signal without processing the picture into a different format (RGB). Less picture processing = better picture quality.

Also, you should notice a very slight colour difference between RGB pictures and component pictures. From my experience, RGB pictures tend to have stronger colours, but more bleed between strong colours, whereas component tends to have slightly softer colours, but better contrast and less bleed.

Best thing to do is experiment, try it both ways and see what you prefer. Let us know what you find out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

well i've learned something :)

Advertisement