Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minna-san,dareka Nihon-go wo benkou shiitte imasu ka?

Options
  • 24-05-2004 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

*In other other words,is there anyone else here doing leaving Cert Japanese?*

I've got my orals this week so I'm very nervous. I keep saying "Tá" instead of "Hai".

Irish words in a Japanese oral....not good :dunno:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I'd have loved to have done Japanese, but I'm not. Surprised they have orals though? Seems like a major hassle for a subject where there's probably only 100/200 people MAX doing it. It's not down on the official exam timetable either, what's the story with that?

I think the Irish words in any oral is a given for most people... happened to me at least once (the orals are all a bit of a blur, so it could have been more than once).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SlushPuppie

Well from what I've heard there's nearly 20,000 people doing it all over Ireland,but I'm not sure if that includes those studying in 4th and 5th year. I do know that there is more than 200 doing it for Leaving Cert though.

No,it's not on the timetable,but ours will be on the very last day (25th June).

It's actually crap easy,I dropped German to do it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

How did you manage to do Leaving Cert Japanese? Does your school have it as a subject or what?

I would have loved to do this too but I figured it would have been too difficult.

It was introduced to our school in 4th year. I was the only guy who showed an interest,so the teacher game me private lessons during my free classes in 5th Year. There is a Saturday class in St. Louis Rathmines and that's where all the Dublin 6th years get taught now.

Since we are the first group of Irish students to take a test which was,until recently,made for native Japanese speakers,the powers had to dumb it down to make it palatable for people who have only been learning the language for 3 years.
    Essentially,it's a Junior Cert paper,worth Leaving Cert marks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I would have loved to do it as well, except my school doesn't capicitate for the language since there would probably be only 30 people max doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Heffo

Demeantor,

do you support Fulham too?!

It has been too long, I have finally found an Irish Fulham supporter!

COYW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Yeah I do, hence the sig. I haven't found one single Fulham supporter in Galway (where I live) so far, disappointing.

Originally posted by SlushPuppie
    Well from what I've heard there's nearly 20,000 people doing it all over Ireland

Well, given that 59525 people did the Leaving Cert in 2003, it's unlikely that 20000 people are doing it for the leaving 2004/2005. Even if its the combined figure for 4th year and leaving cert, that would mean that roughly one in five people are doing japanese...

Not 20,000. 2000 . Sorry,my figers got carried away with the zero button;)

Originally posted by SlushPuppie
    Not 20,000. 2000 . Sorry,my figers got carried away with the zero button;)

Ah, ok, makes a little more sense. I still thought it would be alot less (there are 1393 people doing applied maths, which is a far more popular/well-known subject - it's even got it's own slot on the main timetable, all be it on the very last day, right before Ancient Greek...) But ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

Hey there, I had my oral today it was grand. The picture she gave me was of different breakfasts! everyone got the same in my school (there are 6 of us). and so did another school that was on today.
    Who is this by the way? Do you still go to the classes in Rathmines?

Advertisement