Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

settle a bet!

Options
  • 24-05-2004 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

a tenner rides on this so i hope im right!

you know the eposide where the enterpise is trapped in super super super slow time and it looks like a romulon is attacking the enterprise?

well in the engine room a explosion is taking place, and who draws a smily face on the cloud from the explosion. data or picard?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

both wrong,
    noone draws it piccard trips and sees the smilty face
    he then stars laghing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

User's right.

Donate the tenner to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Picard drew it ye muppets

"he triped and seen it" WTF! he was going some what nuts from the effect of that arm band drew the face and busted his ass laughing at it till he had a slight mental brake down

He tripped and seen it ?? i mean come on ......what one of the crew in super slow down mode went out of there way to draw a face on the warp core breech :rolleyes: (which wouldnt be possible anyway seeming it would be normal time for them)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by bizmark

"he triped and seen it" WTF! he was going some what nuts from the effect of that arm band drew the face and busted his ass laughing at it till he had a slight mental brake down

He tripped and seen it ?? i mean come on ......what one of the crew in super slow down mode went out of there way to draw a face on the warp core breech :rolleyes: (which wouldnt be possible anyway seeming it would be normal time for them)

Correct.... tripped and saw a smiley face.. WTF?

• Advertisement

He didnt draw it,
    he started laughing they looked over and piccard was just pointing and laughing at a smiley face.
    Either
    1. He drew it (we didnt see that)
    2. He just saw it because of (i cant remember but i think it was the effect of time dialation on his blood but that makes no sence, mabe it was lack of oxygen or something, hmm i cant remember what was wrong with him)

But we didnt c him draw it i always assumed he saw it, all in his head. Makes me wish i had TNG on DVD and then i could see what was wrong with him cause it is starting to pisss me off now i cant remember what was said about his condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

that was a good episode, doesnt make any sense, but still an interesting episode

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley
    In "Timescape", an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Captain Jean-Luc Picard laughed hysterically at a smiley he carved in a cloud of smoke that was frozen in time. The cloud was a product of a warp core explosion.

Originally posted by User45701
    He didnt draw it,
    he started laughing they looked over and piccard was just pointing and laughing at a smiley face.
    Either
    1. He drew it (we didnt see that)
    2. He just saw it because of (i cant remember but i think it was the effect of time dialation on his blood but that makes no sence, mabe it was lack of oxygen or something, hmm i cant remember what was wrong with him)

But we didnt c him draw it i always assumed he saw it, all in his head. Makes me wish i had TNG on DVD and then i could see what was wrong with him cause it is starting to pisss me off now i cant remember what was said about his condition.

Jesus h christ user

P-man drew it he didnt imagen it seeming data and troi where looking at it and no one else drew it because data and troi didnt draw it its simple bloody logic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Jean Luc drew it-just before he went nuts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

i thought myself Picard drew it,

hurra i win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

*sigh* user u muppet :) bizmarks right, picard draws the smiley face and starts laughing :)
    he gots the crazy brain worms! O_ó

All im saying is we didnt see him draw it,
    as i remember he is pointing and laughing at a smily face in the clowd.

Dats wouldent laugh but mabe he would say "what is so humeropus about a smiley face outline in a warp core explosion)
    and troi might have smilled at it thinkin it was kinda funny

I dont remember any other reaction out of the other chars

Also if you touched a explsoion regardless of how slow it was going that explosion would still vaperiase your finger becvause the temperture within the gas explosion would be constant.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

heat transfer requires time, so it wouldn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Originally posted by bizmark
    so sayeth I.

He was having a 'funny moment' due to side effects on the arm band he was wearing to keep him seperated from the frozen time scenario thingy 9as were data and troy) but it had started to drive him a bit fruity, so he drew the face in the cloud and then started to laugh as he pointed it out to the other two, expecting them both to find it as funny as he did (which they didn't).

All im saying is we didnt see him draw it,
    as i remember he is pointing and laughing at a smily face in the clowd.

Dats wouldent laugh but mabe he would say "what is so humeropus about a smiley face outline in a warp core explosion)
    and troi might have smilled at it thinkin it was kinda funny

I dont remember any other reaction out of the other chars

Also if you touched a explsoion regardless of how slow it was going that explosion would still vaperiase your finger becvause the temperture within the gas explosion would be constant.

Give it up will ya you lost!

No id say there would be quite worryed that there captian has gone somewhat mad

Hm. I assumed he imagined it. The rest of them didn't seem to notice it there. Either way, you don't see him drawing it.

Originally posted by Ro: maaan!
    Hm. I assumed he imagined it.

You assumed wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You see Picard looking at the frozen cloud of smoke... the picture changes to Data and Troi.. Picard starts laughing, the picture changes back to show a smiley face in the cloud and Picard pointing at it... (I think we can assume he did it :))

No, I don't have the episode on here at the mo..just remember that scene :D

Im sticking with he imagined it, we wont ever resolve this so i suggest we leave it before this gets damgerous *user gets his prototype type 11 hand phaser ready*

Im sticking with he imagined it, we wont ever resolve this so i suggest we leave it before this gets damgerous *user gets his prototype type 11 hand phaser ready*

ER we wont resolve it ??? :rolleyes: ffs lad he didnt imagen it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

*user gets his prototype type 11 hand phaser ready*

whoops i started a war! :p

There is no proof that he drew it.
    I dont think he could have drawn it - if u stick ur finger into a warp core explosion its not going to be all right after

I really want to watch that scene again...

I don't know what to believe.

There is no proof that he drew it.
    I dont think he could have drawn it - if u stick ur finger into a warp core explosion its not going to be all right after

Heat transfere takes time user hes finger wouldnt of been hurt because of the near lack of time on board the ship

i must ask someone who does physics and get them to tell me can u stick ur finger into a explosion even if it is going several hundread times slower then normel time.
    The tempeture inside the explosion would still be to hot and would burn ur finger off me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah you are right, you'll quicker burn the crap out of your hand on anything hot, the larger the temperature differential the quicker you'll burn the crap out of yourself.

newtons law of cooling follows an exponential decay to equilbrium

data

So... he couldn't have drawn it?

He bearly touched it 1 or 2 seconds at most

how could he burn his finger off if there was little to no time on the ship

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Ro: maaan!
    So... he couldn't have drawn it?

i don't know the context of the episode tbh. what he drew the smiley face in the steam from a warp core explosion?

i wonder how far time was slowed down also?

data

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Also it couldn't be giving out that much heat as time was slowed down, and the conservation of energy would apply. Which means that all the lights on the ship shouldn't really have been giving out light either but that would've been stupid...

Picard draws it, and then points at it as if it's hillarious (and it is!) then bursts out laughing. I think they should've just continued on with the epsiode, as if Picard just decided to make a joke...

Advertisement