Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just completed wind waker....

Options
  • 24-05-2004 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

...and what a rubbish ending. the game was rather lame in the end. there was no real intense moments and it was easy. It just didnt seem like there was much of a point to the story or somethin. hope they do somethin different for the new zrlda. ocarina had loads of dungeons. this one only had 4 or somethin.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I liked it a lot but was still disappointed with it. There weren't enough dungeons and the game was made artificially long by the go for quests. Still it was fun while it lasted. However its probably the worst of the Nintendo or Capcom made Zelda games.

Have to disagree with the ending. I liked the way the story tied the other zelda games together. Also the last boss while a bit of a push over was an extremely beautiful seen and quite exciting considering
    you have princess zelda helping you with the bow and arrows at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

One aspect I disliked about The Wind Waker was tirelessly and endlessly sailing through the sea. In the end it didn't act as the most memorable overworld for a game. It was also fairly easy, the puzzles in Zelda games have been so overused; rest assured you'll know exactly what you do once you enter a room.

It's ironic that I played (and finished) this game on a freakin' boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I loved the last boss battle, but the ending wasn't great. Hopefully windwaker 2 will have more land, more dungeons, and less sea. Ideally, at least a quarter of the map should be a solid land mass..... (heres hoping......)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

all that seawater really annoyed me too, infact i got bored of the game half way thru and have yet to return to complete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Originally posted by TmB
    I loved the last boss battle, but the ending wasn't great. Hopefully windwaker 2 will have more land, more dungeons, and less sea. Ideally, at least a quarter of the map should be a solid land mass..... (heres hoping......)

well the trailer of it was shown, the legend of zelda its called, and link is back on his horse, so id expect the vast majority of the map to be land. Just like Ocarina of Time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Gonzo
    all that seawater really annoyed me too, infact i got bored of the game half way thru and have yet to return to complete it.
    ditto.
    i got as far as getting the fire & ice arrows, then gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Thats what i did. I boght the gamecube last october with zelda. I played for about a week and a half and got up to the first sage temple then just got bored so i bought metroid prime.

I loved the story just as you finished the tower of the gods and how it tied in with ocarina but the game as a whole just didnt seem to have much of a meaning. like the kid goes to save his sister then when he does hes asked to go on and destroy this ganon guy. he just goes 'áh yea sure why not. ' i like the fact that zelda helped but theres somethin about the graphics that just made the game seem stupid i thought. but then again the sword in the head wasnt what i was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by L5
    well the trailer of it was shown, the legend of zelda its called, and link is back on his horse, so id expect the vast majority of the map to be land. Just like Ocarina of Time
    Aren't Wind Waker 2 and Legend of Zelda separate games? Or has WW2 been dropped/replaced by Legend of Zelda? Just curious....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

No im fairly certain wind waker 2 IS the new zelda game. It uses the wind waker gameplay engine, and it was called wind waker 2 when it was announced sometime last year to throw people off the scent that it would have a completely different look to it.

No it hasnt been dropped cause they are the same game. that was part of nintendos suprise at e3. everyone thought we were getting another wind waker style game cause they tend not to change graphics engines to often but they changed the style cause the wind waker was link as a child and the cel shading was better for controlling a child. now that hes a teenager again they use the more grown up look. also the more liked look. i cant wait for it.

To be honest I hope they dont continue on from the wind wakers story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

To be honest I hope they dont continue on from the wind wakers story.
    Thay couldn't really since then it'd have to be set on a freakin' ocean again, and everyone was complaining about the freakin' ocean. I wouldn't mind another cell shaded zleda, but the realistic one looks teh varia.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If they cut out 3/4 of the sailing, and added in 3 more dungeons, the wind waker would have been better. Having said that though, i still love this game. There's just a really nice feel to it and i love the cel-shaded graphics
    but the realistic one looks teh varia.
    Someone's been on www.samus.co.uk again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Syth
    Thay couldn't really since then it'd have to be set on a freakin' ocean again, and everyone was complaining about the freakin' ocean. I wouldn't mind another cell shaded zleda, but the realistic one looks teh varia.

Not if they found land. Be fairly easy to set in the future again.

kdjac

Id say an altered original Zelda story would be cool. and they bruoght back that big 8 headed dragon boss from level 8. or maybe it was 4 heads i dunno. Gleeock I think it was called. But then again a new story that beats all stories would be better:D

Advertisement