Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**5th yr english....!

• 24-05-2004 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

plz feel free2 move this as i know its nothing to do with the L.C...

in 5th yr and for our summer test english (this thurs) he gave us the question he gonna give us on hamlet.

"the appeal of shakesperes hamlet lies primarily in the complex character nature of the plays central character hamlet"
    to what extent woulfdyou agree to the above statement. support using reference/quotation of the the play.

was wondering if anyone knows where i cud start this.
    any advise, pointers, how wud u tackle it...anything really wud be great.

how do ye find the character of hamlet? i think he is so difficult to understand, dont know what to think.

regards,
    gem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Macbeth's on this year, but, here, have a few Hamlet-links.

http://www.shakespeare-online.com/playanalysis/hamletchar.html

http://users.wpi.edu/~klaucke/portfolio/samples/hum/hamlet.html

That sounds like a very general character study, so it should be straightforward enough. Do you not have a schools edition with notes in it? (Invest in one for next year if you don't, you're better off with an expert's opinion on Shakespeare - and a translation into modern-day speech.)

You are getting off easy. We have 16 pages to write in three hours on four questions that we don't know on Emily Dickinson, Patrick Kavannagh and Hamlet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I hope you're not doing history....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Kold
    I hope you're not doing history....

I hope he's not doing english... how do you expect to do a question on Dickinson AND Kavanagh?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by subway_ie
    I hope he's not doing english... how do you expect to do a question on Dickinson AND Kavanagh?

Why, the power of jesus of course!

More to the point, WHY would you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement