Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vader....

Options
  • 24-05-2004 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

bubbles here...

I just noticed last night that the chap Vader has been banned - is this because of what I did to his posts? Just letting you know that he has absolutly nothing to do with me, apart from posting on the bubbles board....

It upsets me to see somone innocent banned like that - and I can't help that some of the admins are shooting in the dark in trying to ban accounts they suspect its me?

This a new new new low? Funny in a way untill someone gets hurt.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Nothing at all to do with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 1337

Fair enough - keep up the good work keeping me banned..... its crap with me not being able to post and all....

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LanternJazz

No problem.... been going through my old notepad lists I've been keeping for the last few years.... turns out I'm approx 160 boards accounts = alot of work for you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by LanternJazz
    No problem.... been going through my old notepad lists I've been keeping for the last few years.... turns out I'm approx 160 boards accounts = alot of work for you! :)

160! :eek:

ffs

• Advertisement

It's one click. Far more work for you overall.

• Site Banned Posts: 1 6071

Its one click when I just post normally... bUt I intend to use the majority of the accounts more creativitly. Also just using up all the accounts with a zero or low post count - as no douth you admins are going to do another cull of low post usernames in order to try to contain things - a futile attempt. I'm still 50+ accounts stong if you do.

There is a way this can all end, right now. All I want is ecksor to simply post the word 'sorry'. Thats all, it doesn't even have to be in any context... I just want, and I'm sure others do, to knock him off his high horse for a while, just so he knows the little prick can't sit there nice all smug, being able to treat other people like ****, just because he has the power to do so and get away with it.

Unfortuantly for him... I'll make him work for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Leave this thread open a while Ecksor, could be thread of the month yet.

Lets try for a record 50 bannings in 1 hour flat starting NOW !!!!!

Bang em in Bubbles!

M

€40 split 2 ways (thats all I have in Paypal) sez it can't be done !

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rizlas

Great idea!!!! But I don't have the time right now... can we continue tomorrow? Must say this dispute has been the most civilised yet, everyone being nice and polite...sharing of information between both sides is passing smoothly. I'm very impressed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

bubbles, in all seriousness, it's 11.30.

Can you honestly say that you have nothing whatsoever productive to do with your time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 -Ali G-

Nothing but free time at the mo Merc - would love to go for a drink with yourself. Talk to you on IRC laters.

need to apply yourself a bit Bubbles. Just say Hi to the previous poster if ya know them !

M

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Heh. cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

have you ever tallied your postcount across all your different accounts?

I'd say you're rivalling victor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Joe23

Would have loved a Drink with your good self as well bubbles, Thought you would be at the boards beer. Some body said you where actually taking this stuff seriously I didn't believe it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 9600

Yeah, I have a few posts alright. Surprised they havn't banned my i.p. yet.... I suppose it gives them the opinion that they can keep tabs on me.... fools.

Thanks for all the support guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Joe23

I just realised merc's reg date compared to mine, that can't be right I remember when he was a newbie, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Merc's one of the reasons they put in the timer on editing your posts.

After merc started trying to fit in, he went back and deleted his first 100 posts as they were extremely embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Originally posted by bubbles:

All I want is ecksor to simply post the word 'sorry'. Thats all, it doesn't even have to be in any context... I just want, and I'm sure others do, to knock him off his high horse for a while, just so he knows the little prick can't sit there nice all smug, being able to treat other people like ****, just because he has the power to do so and get away with it.
    You know, until now I thought you had a point. Not necessarily one with which I agreed, but a point nonetheless.

However, now you are saying that your motivation for posting on your troll accounts is to wear down ecksor enough to get him to issue an apology. I call shennanigans. Let me explain my reasoning.

Let us assume for a moment that you are correct. This means we can assume the following.
    • ecksor is on a high horse
    • ecksor is smug
    • ecksor treats other people like shit
    • ecksor does so because he has the power to do so and get away with it.

Now, over the last few weeks, you have decided to create nothing but trouble for the admins, either to demonstrate a point or to wear them down enough to unban you. From these antagonistic actions we can infer the following
    • bubbles is on a high horse
    • bubbles is smug
    • bubbles treats other people like shit*
    • bubbles does so because he has the power to do so and get away with it

So what does this demonstrate? Hypocrisy? Even if you have a legitimate grievance with ecksor, the manner in which you are pursuing this grievance reeks of petty revenge. Not a particularly exhaulted motive.

* I mean this in the sense that other posters are forced to put up with this. Personally I find it somewhat amusing, and just another part of the drama of boards.

Edit: Clarity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by LanternJazz
    I can just picture you as some 12 year old nerd who creates computer virus's, worms, etc. Why the hell would you set up an account every month or so and keep record of them all? Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i reckon they should just ban the ip address

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by swiss

Now, over the last few weeks, you have decided to create nothing but trouble for the admins, either to demonstrate a point or to wear them down enough to unban you. From these antagonistic actions we can infer the following
    • bubbles is on a high horse
    • bubbles is smug
    • bubbles treats other people like shit*
    • bubbles does so because he has the power to do so and get away with it

Wait, you infer all this because the guy sent a mass-PM? Wow.
    I don't think he should have been banned permanently for that, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by eth0_
    eth0_, I assume he wanted to get banned for some reason or other and thats why he sent the PM's after being warned the first time around.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

All these banned accounts, I must say it is very funny :-)
    why not ban the IP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

.. because it takes all of 30 seconds to connect through a public proxy, making ip bans rather pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by eth0_

Actually it was two bouts of mass PM's and then copying threads from his own board about 200 times into other boards.

You have a very strange rating system for what deserves a ban..............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement