Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King of NEw Metal

Options
  • 24-05-2004 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

i have a question for all you rock legends !!!!!!!WHO the KING OF NEW METAL !!!!! SLIPKNOT or KoRn!!!! and i mean really think on this one cause there both great bands ...but which one is better ??? GO FOR IT GUYS !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sefrian

Im not debating which one is better im debatin which one is actually NU-METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! still debatin.................still debatin.................... oh to hell with that off to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Well Korn kinda helped invent the genre. The two bands also sound quite different.

(Just realised I don't really care enough to decide tbqh).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Best Nu-Metal band there is are The Deftones. Here endeth the arguement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Judas Priest own them all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭EpYon

deftones are good i have to say but i dont think there the best .....its deff one of the two above it has to be i wont except any one else !!!!!:D and as far a juda preist.......Get out of my tread :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

MANOWAR, Kings Of Metal, whatever subgenre you speak of :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Kharn
    Best Nu-Metal band there is are The Deftones. Here endeth the arguement.

How dare you call deftones nu-metal.
    Theyre so much better than that piss poor whine metal genre.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Korn. Because they started it all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I'd have to say MANOWAR too. There are the true kings of metal :)

All men play on 10!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Originally posted by Deadwing
    How dare you call deftones nu-metal.
    Theyre so much better than that piss poor whine metal genre.

exactly what i was about to say. deftones are amazing. they ould fit into the alternative category. definitely not in with that nu-metal name.

• Advertisement

Who cares what genre any band are in. Its all a load of pointless ****. If something sounds good listen to it regardless of what people say or think. You listen to music cuz it makes you feel good. Thats what its all about. Not cuz its a certain genre etc. Just ****ing shut up and listen to it. Whether its Willie Nelson or the Deftones!!!

ok so youre saying willie nelson is the best nu-metal artist?

Yes genius Willie Nelson is the king of metal.

You totally mis read my post. I just said stop trying to oranise everything into genre's. Just listen to the music regardless if the genre is COUNTRY or NU-METAL or POP or RAP or what ever the ****.

Just listen to the music. If it sounds good and you like it what difference does it make.

i didnt mis-read. I was joking.

Alrite cool. Well my point is just listen to the music and keep rocking!!

yes but were not on about metal were on about NU metal !!!! come on you have to say that korn is the best as it has been said they started it so it has to be prefect !!!!!which they are,,,,there ****ing ACE dude

Prong started it.

omg doctor j....now im weird but man that was ****ed up !!!! where you pull that one from ???

Check out Cleansing and Rude Awakening.

Were Anthrax not the first to use the rap and dj's mixed in with their music?

• Advertisement

Beastie Boys?

But the Beastie boys aren't exactly what you'd call "metal". They might have had rock elements but certainly not metal.

Yeah, but 'No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn' and 'Fight For Your Right' were heavy guitars with beats and rappin'... that's close enough. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Aerosmith w/ Run DMC

In relation to nu-metal, it is generally accepted that Korn did start the trend, and immediately apologised to the world for introducing Limp Bizkit to us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sefrian

are bands like linkin park and "rasmus" not "NU-Metal" now since korn are 8 or so years old now cant be new now............... Then again i may be just rambling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Christina Aguilera's the bomb.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The Deftones *are* nu-metal (what else would you call them?) and they *are* the best.

Korn started out so well and I'm afraid it's gone steadily downhill since the first album. Slipknot - a similar fate. If they had a decent vocalist they'd be flying cause their guitarists have gotten really good from what I've heard of the new album.

Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys, Rage Against The Machine, Anthrax etc are the bands who started people thinking about mixing genres to produce what's called nu-metal now, but they're all a different kettle of fish entirely.

dabhoys has made the most sense in this thread though - genre's aren't important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Rob Zombie uses a bit of fusion but I wouldnt call him nu-metal.As for Korn and Slipknot, I dislike both so I really cant say whos better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Kharn
    The Deftones *are* nu-metal (what else would you call them?) and they *are* the best.
    While ill wholeheartedly agree that they are one of the best rock bands around, i cannot stress enough how much deftones arent nu-metal.

Nu-ass bands can be easily recognised by any one of the following traits:
    1)each song has to have quiet verse...followed by HEAVY CHORUS!!! (repeat 4 times)
    2)Each song must have some kind of in-yer-face shouty catchphrase that the kids can easily identify with. Examples of which are 'im one step closer to the edge, and im about to break! grr!' (ooh, angsty)
    3)Each Nu-ass band must have a lead singer who was queered up\beaten up\****ed up and not afraid to whine about it. 'DADDDDDDDDDYYYYYY!!!! WHHHHHYYYYYYY DID YOU PUT YOUR HAND IN MY PANNNNTS?? IM ABOUT TO BREAAAAAK!!!!'
    4)And lastly, nu metal bands must, by and large, be extremely watered down and barely noticeable as metal, so as to be ready for mass consumption by mtv watching, central bank hanging out in, clones.

Deftones are none of the above.
    I rest on your face:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Each Nu-ass band must have a lead singer who was queered up\beaten up\****ed up and not afraid to whine about it. 'DADDDDDDDDDYYYYYY!!!! WHHHHHYYYYYYY DID YOU PUT YOUR HAND IN MY PANNNNTS?? IM ABOUT TO BREAAAAAK!!!!'

:D

King of new metal is Korn, right? Since they started it all.

Advertisement