Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King of NEw Metal

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Deadwing
    2)Each song must have some kind of in-yer-face shouty catchphrase that the kids can easily identify with.

How about "SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT!"?

I don't think they're crap, but Deftones are certainly nu-metal. If we stripped all the vocals away from nu-metal, and just considered the music, then I'm sure we'd agree that they are indeed a nu-metal band. It's all pretty much similarly styled downtuned riffs that the like of Korn, Deftones, Coal Chamber and the likes pioneered.

But I disagree that people should have ideas that all nu-metal = **** and lump everyone into the same pile as Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. I also think that the rap-rock comparison shouldn't be thrown in as much. There's been some damn good nu-metal bands, namely The Deftones, but what about Earthtone9? And Chimaira's last album was pretty god damn excellent. I'm sure there's plenty of other nu-metal bands that aren't whiney, or crap, or watered-down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

They may have started out in the whole nu-ass genre, but theyve completely transcended it now, and are so much better than what that genre entails.
    Even Chino himself said he never wanted the band stuck in that genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Originally posted by f®eak s©enery
    :D

King of new metal is Korn, right? Since they started it all.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

1)each song has to have quiet verse...followed by HEAVY CHORUS!!! (repeat 4 times)
    2)Each song must have some kind of in-yer-face shouty catchphrase that the kids can easily identify with.

Deadwing both of these statements can be applied to the deftones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

but what about Earthtone9
    exceedingly good.

you all have it wrong though, the best NU METAL band/singer :

Avril Lavigne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Originally posted by Placebo
    exceedingly good.

you all have it wrong though, the best NU METAL band/singer :

Avril Lavigne

wow man, you're so hardcore, so underground!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ha, you got me.

i only said it because what you said seemed that when slipknot did get a tv appearence they sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Lavigne should definetly turn to nu-metal for her next record.

I can picture it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Lavigne happens to be my future wife.

anywhoo, korn are **** but their first 2 albums aren't actually bad, at all. quite consistent. slipknot are fantastic in my opinion, but calling them nu-metal after hearing their latest album is unfair.

as for the debate about deftones.. they're more progressive and interesting to be slated as "nu-metal". chino's lyrics and vocals are brilliant, and the band really try not to conform to the linkin park mantra to writing music.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Originally posted by j0e9o
    1)each song has to have quiet verse...followed by HEAVY CHORUS!!! (repeat 4 times)

Deadwing both of these statements can be applied to the deftones

obviously u dont listen to deftones too much

• Advertisement
Advertisement