Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ground Control 2 Demo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In my haste i did not see.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Since you have been testing it CC and now that the demo has been released I suppose you are free to talk about the game?. If you are what are your impressions of it?, I've been getting positive vibes about this release so is it anygood?. Is the demo worth the download?. Ah heck I've got BB I may aswell use it - I'll report back with my own impressions soon:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Combat Cow. You are a legend. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Merged.

(Well I should have merged them the other way around, but it was my first time.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

First impressions - it reminds me of Red Alert and Generals - that's not just because it's an RTS:rolleyes:. The NSA tank speaks like one of the russians in RA:). Also the game looks as if it's running on the Generals Engine, my mouse movements are not always acknowledged first time, I need to click several times before i get my troops to move sometimes, but I'll ignore that because after all the game is not yet released. i just hope they are not going to release a buggy game and fix it all up with patches like Far Cry - I hate that :mad:. Looks promising.

Only one level but what a level. Some really nice additions to the original. Just one question though combatcow. Have specials been axed or are they just not included in the demo?

There was one or two times where I had to reclick to get a unit to move but i think that may have been pathing problems and not failure to register teh click. Whatever it was hopefully itll be sorted before release. What is the European release date anyhow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Well there are a lot of annoying bugs in that demo,nothing to worry about tho becasue there not in the final version.
    The release date is the 25/6/04,not to far off now.By specials "Squal" u mean super weapons ?
    The artillery is present in the second tutorial but thats about it for the demo.

Here's some hotkeys/tips for the missions.

X - will switch between the secondary fire modes of your units

K - is for buying units with the dropship

V - will keep your dropship in the battle ''until it runs out of fuel"

I - is the hotkey for upgrading your dropship

A - is force fire

Z - is to select a new Landing Zone

On the first NSA misssion the raptor snipers will only fire on secondary mode
    The siege soldiers on secondary are absolutely lethal,
    The assault infantry secondary rockets can hit vehicles and defence structures.
    :)

CombatCow

** Also F10 is to remove the hud ''if you want some good screenshots" **

By specials "Squall" u mean super weapons ?

Not really. Things like the marines anti personnel mortars, or hoverdynes depleted uranium rounds in GC1. Basically unit specific limited use special thingys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

looks good...very good

but you said: "K - is for buying units with the dropship"

i thought the main appeal of GC was that you were limited with the amount of troops you get...wouldnt being able to buy new units kinda undermine the basis that made the original great?

Well the number of units you can buy is limited by the ap points you get from completing objectives and the like but i can see where your coming from. I liked having a limited squad choice in GC1. You kinda got attached to that first infantry squad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I loved naming them and replaying missions until i got them all out safely (man that took a long time)

esp my jeager men, loved them to bits.

is there a similer unit in GC2

I know we got the good old artillary back (I still stand by the GC artillary for being most impressive, apart from tiberium sun it is the most used artillary by me, and the only one i use properly (TS one is waaaay too accurate)

also i like how the dropship seems to have a bigger role in this game...

is there anywhere which gives details on how it plays differently to the original.

I would download this demo...but dam this 56k connection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Well the raptor snipers would be the closest thing to jaeger infantry,they are automaticly stealthed so are great for recon and have a really powerful rifle ;)

I tryd to crash the game by having over 120 pieces of artillery before....it was so goddam funny,i might post the pic when the game ships.

CombaCow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Have to say I really like the Artillary in this aswell, but them Siege Soldiers are unbelievable in secondry mode, and the 4 raptors you get can hole a bridge against 10+ infantry by themselve's without getting hit.

Advertisement