Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i can't delete my own posts?

• 25-05-2004 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

i can't delete my own posts?
    help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Click Edit down below beside Quote. Then the Delete Post button is at the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

thats what i thought but i only get :

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If it's a thread starting post you can't delete it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Some muppet a while ago (no names) created a program that went through and erased his posts after a short while, which destroyed the whole context of the threads.

So a certain mod modified the forums so you can't delete posts after a certain time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Some muppet a while ago (no names) created a program that went through and erased his posts after a short while, which destroyed the whole context of the threads.
    Who is this coding genius?

You cannot delete your post under the following circumstances:

If it's the first post in a thread and someone's replied*.
    If it's the first post in a thread, no one's replied but the board's individual settings are such that it won't allow you to delete the post.
    If the board settings don't allow any posts to be deleted.
    If the thread is closed.
    If more than 2880 minutes have passed since posting.

* It may be possible to delete the first post (and thus the thread) on some boards, even if someone's replied as I've done it before, but not in the last 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hardly a genius?

You used to be able to delete threads and they removed that. What the person was doing was erasing the contents of their posts within the threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Hardly a genius?

You used to be able to delete threads and they removed that. What the person was doing was erasing the contents of their posts within the threads.
    lol, what a tit:D
    was it bubbles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by tman
    lol, what a tit:D
    was it bubbles?
    No. Unless it was one of bubbles' sekrit identiteees

Advertisement