Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling Books

• 25-05-2004 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what wrestling book was everyones favourite...Personally I liked both of Foleys and I liked sex, lies and headlocks.
    I never got Kurt Angles, Hulk Hogans, Chynas or Lawlers as not many places here carry them.

I did however get Stone Cold and The Rocks here and I though both books sucked
    You could tell it was being written by a ghost writer which took away from it..especially seeing as though The Rock referred to himself in the third person alot.even as Dwayne!..Stone Colds ghost writer made him come across as two faced and arrogant...what does everyone else think?

Next on my list Bobby The Brain and Freddie Blassies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Both of Foleys - great
    Kurt Angle - its crap, its crap. For some reason his ghost writer decided to make Angle come across as a very arrogant person
    Jerry Lawler - sometimes a very funny read, but really all over the place
    The Rock - simply terrible
    Bobby heenan - Fantastic
    Classy Freddie Blassy - Fantastic
    Chyna - see the Rock
    Hogan - see Chyna and the Rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Edgedogg

I think the Foley's first book is the best of what I have read.

I've yet to get my hands on Freddie's or The Brain's.

Kurts and Austins were interesting but both really love to lick Vince.

The Hardyz was more of an interview that a book.

The Rock tried to stay with his gimmick for the whole book, which i think is what made it so bad.

As Ph3n0m said, The King's is all over the place, you dont know if he's talking about current things or the 1970's at some stages.

I have Hogan's, Chyna's and Lita's but have yet to read them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Hardys and Litas were great. I loved the way they both gave a really indept look at the early days of wrestling. Especially the Hardys, when Matt was talking about learning how to wrestle in the ring with veterans, taking the right arm instead of the left and all the crap they went through. It would make a great movie.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I don't think anyone would disagree on the Foley books.

The only other one I've got around to reading so far was The Rock. I'm a Rocky mark and it was interesting to read about how he got into the business, but everything after that is written in character and is just horrible to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

the WWE should bring out an ECW coffey Table (Big couler hard back lots of pictures)
    Micks was class Autin was OK. Think he came across as two faced arrogent **** because he is.
    The next book ill be reading is Scare Tissue, Athoney Kiedis's Auto Biography (out november). Should be awsome concidering all the **** the chillis were through since 1983

• Advertisement
Advertisement