Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Get Our Game ON!!!

Options
  • 25-05-2004 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭

Since there are very few people on the Wolfenstein forum I though I should bring this thread to the attention of the main Games forum. Basically I'm wondering if anyone would be up for a Boards ET match on the IOL servers like has been happening with UT2004. For any one who does not know about Enemy Territory it's a free downloadable WWII set game (also get the patch), it has diffrent classes - Engineers/Medics/Covert Ops etc.. each with there own special abilities. For anyone who has BB and likes online games this is a MUST it's an excellent game and well worth the download!;). If anyone has any comments/questions post away. If you can get the game and have a free Wen afternoon go ahead join and see what it's like - the missions are quite enjoyable all the levels are top notch, you wont regret it.

*Offler crosses fingers:p.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I really didnt enjoy this game, not very noobie friendly in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

You mean the missions?, It is confusing at first when you dont really know what's going on with regard to your objectives - I was also a noob at this game once but once you learn the 6 missions (all the maps in the downloadable game) your fine. It took me a while to realise that there were other classes and not just soldiers available to you. I just treated the game as a Death Match type game - that's the totally wrong way to treat this game - it is a far more team based game. You always need good Engineers and Medics an Field Ops to do well in a game. Once you have selected your class you can always change it during the game and the special skill of your peticular class is always weapon bank '5' so in a couple of hours a messing around you can usually learn enough to do OK on pub servers. Ye though this game involves more braincells then UT or Quake but it's easily just as fun!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

The problem i found with it, was it wasnt fast paced enough (im a cs player) and the people on most servers arent willing to help you, so kinda drove me away from it. I played it at a lan once and it was great fun cause nobody really had played it before except a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I dont know where you play but for the most part people will help if you ask (press 'v' and a voice menu will come up you can then give orders and ask for ammo/medic etc..). As for fast pace yes that's true but CS maps are for the most place much smaller and simpler in their objectives then any of the ET maps they last between 20 to 30 minutes each they are not meant to be over in 2 minutes like the CS maps. Also there are no classes in CS in ET you need Engis for certain constructions and Covert Ops to blow stuff Soldiers for mortar barrages etc...., In CS you arm up and the game is finished in 3 minutes or so, while in ET you have the ebb and flow of a war - battles in WWII were not over in 3 minutes:D. Each game is offering something different - personally the team play aspect of ET is something I really like and I enjoy. In CS I tend to Camp:o <ducks>.

Advertisement