Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boy Racer comradery - NOT!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I believe my previous "all boy racers are twats" statement stands. Just because you drive a jap import doesn't make you a boy racer. Just because you drive a car with a vent on the bonnet doesn't automatically mean you drive like a complete moron or have any of the other attributes of the boy racer fraternity.

To me a boy racer is someone who drives like a dickhead, without care or respect for any other road or themselves. That's not to mention the shaved head baseball cap, "my stereo is more powerful than an atomic bomb" club. That kind of trait is independant to whatever they are driving. There are boy racers in their parents cars, in MPV's and other family cars, on scooters, motorbikes and practically any other transport you can imagine.

Owning a fast or sporty car/bike doesn't make you a boy racer. It's when peoples lives are so meaningless that they look to their cars or bikes as an extension of themselves that the trouble starts. If you are what you drive, then there are alot more old, freakishly painted and hysterical looking people in society than I had originally feared.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I was driving cars for a for about 5 years when I first got a licence, then I had to sell my car and I bought a Motorbike, and learnt how to ride, I then had to sell that and go back to the car club, (got married, had kids).

Anyway after spending 2 years on a bike travelling from west Dublin over to ballsbridge it gave me a whole new sense of driving and watching what is going on around you.

I totally agree that every driver out there should ride a bike for a period of time and you will never drive a car the same again.

Having said that on a bike, you get a much better unobstructed view around you, much more easily than a car.

I miss riding my bike although I still get the chance now and again as my father has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I withdraw my statement regarding Jap Import boy racers. They are not all **** with loud cams and Wavin pipes. Just alot are....thats all.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

A prefect example today 2 boy racers one integra and one starlet turbo drag racing on a public road a 1:30PM ( Both Jap Imports)

Advertisement