Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just ordered IOLBB over internet web page problem?

• 25-05-2004 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

I just signed up to IOL ESAT BT Broadband package with the current promo of 3 months free and a fourth month if you keep it.

I got through the order process on the website and when it came to the last page titled finish, the page came up blank so I went back one page and forward again and refreshed, and each time the page came up blank.

Now I have four emails thanking me for ordering IOLBB, I contacted them by phone, they asked me to fax over the order? I presume from the page with the details that did not come up, so now I have to call back tomorrow to confirm that my order has gone through as the orders come off the web at the end of every day.

I was assured that I could not order 4 times and that the system does not allow it, I I wish I had just ordered by phone, anyway I hope I have done the right thing, and all goes well, will keep you updated.

BTW do you get a usb modem or Ethernet modem with IOLBB as I already have a router and would like to get an Ethernet modem but that option did not come up on the webpage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You get a USB modem with IOL BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

My modem has 1 Ethernet port and 1 Usb port.

I'm connected through the Ethernet port

(I have IOL bb 8GB)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

you actually get a dual USB/Ethernet modem with both IOL products.

It's one of the zxyel (sp??) branded modems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by eth0_
    You get a USB modem with IOL BB
    IOL has been providing a dual USB/Ethernet modem since before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

great so i can use my existing router with the new duel ethernet/usb modem anyone else out there signing up with IOLBB on this new offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Actually broadband + (16gb cap) comes with a router, also works on USB. It has a limited built in firewall too and supports NAT etc.. though i bought a Dlink G604T wireless router. Better firewall and better everything but the zyzell free one is still a good little router.. for free :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Just got off the phone to IOLBB ESAt they sounded really busy a lot busier than yesterday.

Anyway even though i did not get an order confirmation on the web, my order went through so I shall wait and see now when i get my modem and line activated.

Advertisement