Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds

• 25-05-2004 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine who is a Leeds supportter is quite worried.

Yesterday morning they were going to announce a new manager, but decided not to at the last minute.

Then Liverpool announce the leaving of Houllier.

My friend put two and two together and got Houllier as the new Leeds manager.

Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Ah strongly doubt it, I'd say they are wating for the playoff final to be played. Maybe they are waiting till after the playoff game on saturday? I think it was jsut that not all of the board had talked to blackwell about his plans, krasner said there was only 2/3 members of the board there yesterday, i think he had to put his plans to the missing member of the board before the decision could be made. I reckon Blackwell will be given the job, I reckon Houllier would do a good job there anyhow...dunno what your mate is worrying about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Houllier would do OK there I reckon, probably get them out of Div 1, maybe win a League Cup or whatever (his specialty :) ).

I don't think Houllier is a bad manager, he just did as much as he could at Liverpool. Who would your friend rather see as the new Leeds manager?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

as a leeds fan myself i doubt that houllier would be interested in the leeds job and tbh i dunno if he would do a good job because he wouldnt have any money. He had the money at liverpool and never really filled the toatl potential of the team so i doubt he would be able to work on a shoe string budget at leeds.

Yeah the board were gonna announce a new manager yesterday and they met with blackwell but after that meeting they decided that they werent 100% sure if balckwell was the right man and they wanted to weigh up all other options. I know that the current rotherham manager is still in the running adn I think that they are waiting to here from Gordon Strachan and also till the playoffs are finished to see if palace get promoted or not. If they dont then ian dowie will be added to the candidates.

Personally i would like gordon Strachan but whether leeds can get him to come to them is another thing. Anyways no Houllier wont be joining leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

They're reportedly interested in Ian Dowie so maybe they're seeing how he gets on in play-offs and if they lose they'll make a move

Advertisement