Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birthday Present Ideas

• 25-05-2004 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Got my mother's 50th coming up - anyone any decent or even unique ideas as to what to get her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Bring her to a nice restaurent. But have all her family in there waiting for her as well. She'll love that esp if she hasn't seen them in ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Something that will last - like a charm bracelet, or a necklace. Mothers seme to like that.

Or, if your budget extends, a holiday abroad, as sometimes people of that generation (my folks included) haven't travelled much.

Or perhaps something that she would have loved from her childhood - an old toy or book (1st edition) or something that you might find on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

How about booking her into a Spa? Get a load of treatments booked for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Do you've any brothers or sisters? See if you could pool together with them and buy her something between you's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

A good friend of mine is turning 19 soon. I've never really gotten her anything big for the last few years but I'd like to this year. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

bring her out and get her pissed, no thought requiered whatsoever, and the one good side of rip-off Ireland, a night on the piss is something big.

just don't turn into the typical psychopathic screeching drunk women, compleatly drunk horny loud and by the end of the night walk down the street sing in off beat modern pop sh*t and linking arms to form a human combine harvester, not to offend but please, 19 yeard old women on weekend nights are a danger to us all.

hmm, maybe your a guy, if you are, make sure you not the only male at this party!!you'll see why.

Advertisement