Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology IAA question

Options
  • 25-05-2004 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

hey i need some help with two questions, first one is from the departmental sample papre Section B Q9, its the IAA question, "after preperation the dishes are placed standing on their edges for a number of days, what is the reason for this?" - is it to promote geotropism???,

And on Sample Paper5 SecB Q7 state the results you obtained.....- are the results that the higher the IAA conc the greater the seedlings growth?, the book doesnt give sample results, n I dont remember the expt that well, please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Yes

Higher IAA conc = shoot growth
    Low conc = root growth.

I hate the way the book doesn't give the results. I presume that the department wanted to make sure people actually did the experiments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Bono_85

thanks thats what I thought, some of these questions are so vague, and some some of them are so blatantly obvious? its thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    I hate the way the book doesn't give the results. I presume that the department wanted to make sure people actually did the experiments.

Well, since the book isn't made by the department, you can't really blame them. Most books for subjects with practicals (chemistry, physics, etc) won't list the experiments results, reasons for error (not if its in any way obvious or if you could figure it out) since you need to actually do the experiment and then think it through again. It probably is to do with encouraging people to actually do the experiments, but probably not a department matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Bono_85

yeah but none of the experiments in chemistry or the other ones in biology ask for results, its wierd to actually ask you somethin so specific, I did the experiment it just turned out wierd

Advertisement