Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson K700 & S700

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Well it seems the SIM-free S700 is available now! Mphone in the UK are selling it for a modest £509.95 Stg which is approximately €745!

http://www.mphone.co.uk/acatalog/s700_sim_free.html

No mention of pre-order so I assume that they have them in stock. I'm sure it will have caught a few people by surprise, me included, as it wasn't expected 'til Q4 (and it's still Q3 isn't it? :confused: ).

Anyway good news I'd suppose for those interested in it, but at that price it'll be a while before I take the plunge. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

It appears that Expansys have 212 in stock .......

here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

looks like Mphone's stock arrived too...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

and only €764.95 each!

Fidele , Which world clock application are you using on the S700i , Mine diddnt come with one >

• Advertisement

Hey Sharkman, so you took the plunge. :) How much did it set you back? They're still a bit too dear for me. I'll have to wait a while before getting one. :(

So what are your first impressions of the phone? Is it a big improvement over the K700? If you get a chance, give us a little review and maybe post a pic taken with the camera. Cheers.

First Impressions : It's certainly a very similar UI to the K700, except for the camera mode.

Great Screen . Nicer build quality than the K700 .i will post more later ..

Click Here for piccie taken this morning, Twas a bit grey at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I recently stopped over in Hong Kong and the S700i is selling well. Most of the mobile phone retailers (and anyone who has ever been in HK will know they are just about every street corner) have actually sold out on their stock. It's still an expensive phone to buy there but it's much cheaper than the 700+ EUR offers in Europe. Even the Sony Ericsson shop has none left and were waiting for new orders to come in. The phone is pretty small (not tiny though) but is a bit thick and heavy. Oozes quality though. The screen itself will just make you want to buy it. In the Sony Ericsson shop, they let you take a picture and print it out on one of the printers and it looks just like an ordinary photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Would anyone know if the phone is available in prague? and would it be cheaper over there? Ill be over there in a week or two and really want this phone!

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

it probably is available over there, but don't expect to make a great saving. i wasn't too impressed with the prices of phones over there in august

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

mphone seem to have dropped their S700 price to GBP 420 (ex shipping) so closer to the Eur 600 mark (ex shipping)... still on the pricey side though...

After using the S700i for a week , I must say I really like it . Not buggy at all . The UI is very stable if a little slow whan accessing photo's . Thats my only concern with the phone overall.

3 More Photos ...1 Nightime on O'Connell Street .

Click Thumbnail for larger view ..

DSC137.th.jpg

DSC138.th.jpg

DSC139.th.jpg

This one is not as "washed out" as the original photo posted .

DSC142.th.jpg

Hi,

There is a survey here from the K700i section of the Sony Ericsson website. They are looking for some feedback from K700 users.

If you've got a K700 take a few minutes to do the survey and tell SE what you like and dislike about the phone. There are a few bizarre questions in the survey where it asks questions about your attitude towards risk! biggrin.gif

Apart from that it was an interesting exercise to be able to give some feedback to the manufacturer of your current phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I'm looking at the Sony Ericsson k500i, the f500i, and the k700i

I wish they'd quit with all the k and i crap and just call it

"Phone model one"
    "Phone model two"
    "Announcing our latest and greatest cooler than you'll ever be.....model three"

Sleipnir wrote:

I wish they'd quit with all the k and i crap and just call it

"Phone model one"
    "Phone model two"
    "Announcing our latest and greatest cooler than you'll ever be.....model three"
    They're still easier to follow than all the Nokia model numbers.....seventy two sixty, sixty six eighty... :)

mphone seem to have dropped their S700 price to GBP 420 (ex shipping) so closer to the Eur 600 mark (ex shipping)... still on the pricey side though...

Looks like mphone have just put the price back up again.

It's now back up to £459 Stg. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

The k700i should make an appearance on Vodafone but its not looking like this will happen any time before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

any details on the k700i?

sharkman wrote:
    Fidele , Which world clock application are you using on the S700i , Mine diddnt come with one >

Sharkman, just in case you still haven't found it yet the World Clock Application and Unit Convertor are located in the File Manager -> Applications

Two VERY handy apps to have and the graphics look great on it too!

• Advertisement

Cheers , I'll call over for that tonight if thats ok ?

Sure, any time that is convenient, just give me a ring beforehand to make sure I'm around. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think that will be a while longer..

The next lock of handsets being released by Vodafone will probably be their 3G handsets, including the SE V800..

I'm seeing 614,95EUR

Am I looking at the right page:

http://www.mobilerepair.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=55_57&products_id=213

Still this seems to be the cheapest on the web at the moment.

Fanastic, thanks for the tip!
    cableguy wrote:
    The trick to see lower prices is to register to the site. Costs nothing to do it.After you've done that,go back and check out the new LOWER prices.

Here's the same page after you register.
    Oops, sorry can't post link with lower price cause you can access my a/c information.
    Trust me though it works. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Carphone warehouse have them for €699. Very expensive.

Sean

I have a 6600, but im thinking of getting the s700i, what are the pros and cons of it?

I can get it for about €500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 blue meanie

Is the S700i all its cracked up to be just heard its on ready to go from vodafone for 349 Euro. looks the bis just wanted to hear users reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

sounds too good to be true only one problem with it it will have vodafone software and logos all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Richie6904 wrote:
    sounds too good to be true
    It will be €349 on Vodafone Ready to Go. Vodafone Branded of course. Very Good Phone.
    Looks like towards end of month before it's released though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Its on the web site and i was in a vodafone shop today its definetly on RTG for €349 I would so get it if I could get rid of the vodafone firmware and if the K750i wasnt so close to being released

Advertisement