Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Vodafone Website

Options
  • 25-05-2004 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about the MY Vodafone website. I got a ringtone sent to me last week. Instead of receiving the ringtone, I received a text message saying that I had received a new picture message and that I could view this by logging onto vodafone.ie. My question is how do I get his ringtone onto my phone. Also is it possible to send pictures from my PC to my phone using this site?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sarahdb83

Not 2 sure about My Vodafone but i have done the same with other sites and sent for ringtones through texts and have never received them after being charged 2 and 3 euro for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're probably sending the ringtones in MMS format. If you have an old (legacy :p) phone that doesn't support MMS, you're out of luck. It may also be a case that your SIM is too old to support MMS. You need a phase 2 SIM to receive MMS afaik. You may also need to be "activated".

I'm sure jesus_thats_gre will be able to shed some light on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

erm, iirc somewhere within the vodafone website are the proper settings to recieve mms. its a bitch to find though. if i can find it i'll link yeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, 'tis under the Live! section Live! Configuration

no metion of what handset is being used though, but if it can handle GPRS/MMS best to contact customer care and check the account is set up (provisioned) for these services

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If your account is not correctly provisioned for MMS messaging and you are sent a MMS message, you will be sent that message.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 opthrcks

If you are sent an MMS message, and you are not configured on the Vodafone network as being an MMS user, then the MMS message is stored in your 'picture album'. It then sends a text message telling you that you received a 'picture'
    message (which sounds like what you got).
    You can access this via the vodafone website, log on, and its in the 'Messaging' section. You should see the MMS you were sent in here.

If your phone does support MMS, theres a few things you can do yourself
    without phoning the helpdesk. You can configure your phone with the MMS
    settings as DubWireless said in his posting.
    Additionally, you can be set as an 'MMS' user, if you log onto the website,
    go to the 'my vodafone' section, theres a link called 'my mobile' under
    'phones and tariffs'. Clicking on this will give you a menu, one of the
    options being 'update details'. Basically if you go in here, select your
    MMS capable phone etc. it should hopefully properly set you up.
    If all else fails, as DubWireless said, contact customer care.
    Also is it possible to send pictures from my PC to my phone using this site?

Yes, using the 'picture album' option (as above) you can send pictures to your phone.
    You upload the pictures from your PC, and can send them as MMS messages.

Advertisement