Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dundrum to Kilmacnogue!!!!!

Options
  • 25-05-2004 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Ok,

This has baffled me. I was recently involved in an accident in which i had to be brought to hospital to be checked for neck or spinal damage.
    Whilst in the a&e my Motorbike was Towed away TO KILMACNOGUE

This is kind of stupid since the accident happened between Dundrum and Nutgrove.
    I have absaloutely no alternative to going out to view the damage done to the bike other than a Dart out to Bray Station and then a Cab to the place.
    That is ridiculous. Surely Keeping it in the Garda Station until an ideal location would have been a better move.
    I asked for a damage report over the phone but they wouldn't give it to me, insisting that i view the damage. Also, i have until friday before that start charging for holding the bike.

Its gonna be fairly hard for me to move the bike anywhere when i dont even know how much its damage or how much repairs are going to cost.

Is this normal for accidents in Dublin?
    it seems very unusual to drag the vehicle to another county.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the Bus Eireann route to Wicklow goes through Kilmac - takes about 50 minutes from busarus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

but why tow a bike that was involved in an accident in south dublin to wicklow?
    thats just silly.
    I have seen more than one bashed up bike sitting outside Dundrum Garda Station.
    i dunno, was something i wasn't expecting to hear :/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

There is a guy in Kilmacnogue who tows away all accidents in that area, he must
    have some deal going with the gardai there. His yard is beside the petrol station on
    the left as youre coming into Kilmacnogue from Dublin...

I know a few people who's cars were towed there when the had an accident in
    any area around Stepaside/Enniskerry/Kiltiernan (sp?)..

Tox

Advertisement