Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women and Loads Of Makeup!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Sheesh!

There's a vast difference than wearing a little make up and caking oneself in fake tan. Sorry if you find a little makeup aesthically offensive, guys, but there’s no need to roll out the insults because you’re not fond of the ol’ orange glow. I don't know any girls who are fond of it either - perhaps I'm just used to being in the company of people who know how to groom themselves very well! ;)

As an aside, I've never actually seen anyone wearing three inches of makeup. How did one measure this? Discreetly, I hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

vibrant wrote:
    Sheesh!

There's a vast difference than wearing a little make up and caking oneself in fake tan. Sorry if you find a little makeup aesthically offensive, guys, but there’s no need to roll out the insults because you’re not fond of the ol’ orange glow. I don't know any girls who are fond of it either - perhaps I'm just used to being in the company of people who know how to groom themselves very well! ;)

As an aside, I've never actually seen anyone wearing three inches of makeup. How did one measure this? Discreetly, I hope...

I totally agree. While there are many women who clearly put their makeup on in the dark, there are plenty of girls who know how to use makeup to their best advantage. In fairness I think this argument is wholly onesided, internet boards are hardly a magnet for the aesthetically gifted, or those whos personal appearance is a top priority and I have a feeling there are few qualified to make a valid comment on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

At the end of the day it's all about class. If a girl's got it, she won't look like an Oompa Loompa. The best applied make-up isn't noticeable. If someone can tell straight away that you're wearing it, you've put it on wrong.

Advertisement