Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource connection problems

• 25-05-2004 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Just spent the last 20 minutes trying to get on this site and a bunch of others. Anyone else having problems?

I tried ringing their technical support line but all the operators were busy so I'm thinking its not just me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

ya i've been having similar problems in the last little while, seems like a problem with their network. I'm glad you posted so I know its not just me.

I guess there tech support lines are clogged by ppl like us wondering what the story is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Obo

Yeah, been having problems the last week or so, getting disconnected at random times. The support page says they're doing work in the exchanges and that there would be outages. It just seems to be happening more than they’ve stated.

It's beginning to get on my nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Same here. I thought it was just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Quick question since this is posted here, the disconnections do they always happen?
    My current router has bad logs so I dunno exactly how oftern it does it but theres times when I'd be surfing away and the BB dc's. It's happened since I've had the BB installed and mostly isnt a problem cause it reconnects itself normally within about 5-10 seconds.
    Question is though is this normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

i having problems too
    Eircom bb in Cork South area
    just couldnt connect at all there earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I've had a few words with some of the netsource crew, there was one outage about a week ago, that they caused themselves, it lasted 15/20 minutes on a thursday i think around 2pm.

Anything else has been eircom's fault, at one point 4 days ago, eircom's tunnel to netsource was dropped by eircom, thus rendering our connections useless.

fyi all the maintenance has been eircom eircom eircom ... all along heh :)

Paul

p.s. we have 3 NS lines now and they are all stable, up until eircoms recent "repair" work.

Advertisement