Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best written Opeth Song?

Options
  • 25-05-2004 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

I'm not aking what youre favourite is but im asking what you think the best musically and lyrically written song opeth have written is?

Best Written Opeth song? 9 votes

The Drapery Falls
    0% 0 votes
    The Leper Affinity
    22% 2 votes
    Windowpane
    11% 1 vote
    Deliverance
    0% 0 votes
    A Fair Judgement
    0% 0 votes
    Demon Of the fall
    22% 2 votes
    Dirge for november
    11% 1 vote
    Bleak
    0% 0 votes
    Credence
    33% 3 votes
    Other. Please state
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

O_o

Nothing from Orchid or Morningrise?

Black Rose Immortal, The Moor, Forest of October, Blackwater Park

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I quite like the way Master's Apprentices was written. Love the lyrics. And the first riff kicks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

id disagree with that. i thought the main lyrics and riff were real cheesy or somethin. the rest of the song kicks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

What about the entire My Arms, Your Hearse album? Sings all linked by the last words of song being name of next song, and the album telling a story, and the fact that its just beautiful, and the fact that this is just rambling now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I don't know how I could answer that... Well, I voted Bleak, because I love to play that song myself... But Opeth are possibly one of the most consistent bands there is, I'd dare say they've not put a foot wrong, bar deliverance.

A best Opeth album poll might've been better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I would have went for 'advent' had it been there, but alas, 'A Fair Judgement' comes a close second, with bleak close behind that. 'Serenity Painted Death' deserve's a mention too tho I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

believe me there was a load more i could've put in but it aonly allowed 10. I thought long and hard but i thought that the ones i chose were best written.

Karl Hungus: yea i agree about the deliverance thing. I think the first and last song let it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

SO many, my personal No.1 is Advent, but very close behind is Nectar, Black Rose Immortal, Godheads Lament, The Moor, Serenity Painted Death, Bleak, Blackwater Park, Harvest, Ending Credits, Moonlapse Vertigo, In The Mist She Was Standing, Closure..... theyre all so amazingly written...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Can't forget White Cluster, the first solo still raises the hairs on my neck when I hear it

Advertisement