Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BSOP Online Championship 2004] JUNE Heats Announced

Options
  • 25-05-2004 4:24pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok - time for the June heats.

Heat 1
    Musician
    Decker
    TrickyD
    Waylander
    Lafortezza
    Altheus
    Hobart
    Quozl

Heat 2
    Edser
    Devore
    Gerire
    Hyzepher
    Kencleary
    DapperGent
    TwoShedsJackson
    Mr Pudding
    Davey Devil
    Dropsey

Heat 3
    Amp
    Marq
    Kevin R
    Whiteshadow
    Samson
    Krusty_clown
    Henbane
    Spiritus
    Karl H

Each Heat will need to arrrange their own host.

Heat 1 is to be played during the week ending June 6th.
    Heat 2 week ending June 13th
    Heat 3 week ending June 20th.

Finalists
    Musician
    Lafortezza
    Decker
    Davey Devil
    TwoShedsJackson
    Hyzepher
    Amp
    Krusty_clown
    KarlH

The heats were done from a random draw - some adjustments were made where more than 5 in one heat were in the same heat last month - this will be a regular adjustment each month to try and get the heats more spread out over the course of the tournament. For reference there was only one adjustment this month.

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Unless anyone has any particular objections I will host heat 2. Provisional date will be Saturday 12th. More details to follow (if the venue is OK that is.)

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

saturday 12th fine with me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I am away from the 15th of June for 2 weeks. Anybody want to swap for another heat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I can host heat one if you like. I live in Firhouse so I do not know how handy that would be for people, and I have no chips, so someone would have to bring them along. If someone else would rather host that is fine too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by Hobart
    I am away from the 15th of June for 2 weeks. Anybody want to swap for another heat?

Hobart you cango into Heat 1 - casper cant make this month - i'll amend the listing.

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Sorry to be a pain but I'm away from 18th June until the 9th July so I'll miss the final anyway but would like to take part in the heats..

Is there anyway I could be entered in heat 1 or 2 instead of heat 3 this month and then in heat 2 or 3 next month?

If I can't I understand, but if anybody wants to take pity and swap I would appreciate it..

If I get swapped to heat 1 and if required I can probably host as well, once I get approval from she who must be obeyed :D

I'm living in Dun Laoire

Iago

I CAN move you but the fact that you are away for the final will be a problem - especially if you qualify. The best thing is for you to miss this month and I'll put you in one of the later heats next month.

I imagine that like the heats last month there will be some games going on after the heat is finished - you can always show up for those.

Hyzepher

Originally posted by MrPudding
    Unless anyone has any particular objections I will host heat 2. Provisional date will be Saturday 12th. More details to follow (if the venue is OK that is.)

MrP

do you need chips or anything?

The point was that I was planning to qualify!!!

That way I would guarantee myself at least a point and probably more when my chips are anted away in the final.

Added to the 20 points that I'll get from winning this weekends final that would have put me in a strong position for the overall championship :ninja:

Of course if you guys are afraid that I might get too far ahead and so are trying to handicap me straight off, I can understand that, and I don't blame you at all....

In all seriousness though, you're probably right, I was thinking from a purely selfish basis that it would be good to qualify and get at least 1 point towards the overall total, but it would make the final less enjoyable for the other qualifiers.

Ok, I'll skip this month, but if it comes down to the championship and I miss it by 1 point I'll know who to blame :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Originally posted by Marq
    do you need chips or anything?

Should be OK. Just bring whatever food and drink you require for yourself. There will probably be some hot cash game action once 4 or 5 players get knoeck out.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

For Heat 1 I can probably host it in deansgrange, waylander and Iago got there before me though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Plenty of available hosts for heat 1 but just in case problems arise my place in Rathmines is also available.

just wondering, if we go to 4 heats how will we decide the final table?

will it be a case of 12 players going onto 2 tables of 6 initially or

best 2 from each heat plus 1,2 or 3 third placed players who had the most chips when it went down to 3, depending on whether the final table has 9, 10 or 11 players...

also does it affect the points system if we are going to have more than 9 players in the rest of the finals and should the new points system apply from this round as well??

Finally do I think about things too much? :D

Plenty of available hosts for heat 1 but just in case problems arise my place in Rathmines is also available.

I can host alright but my table is not the biggest and it may be a bit of a tight squeeze with nine or ten people, so it might be better if someone who has a bigger table hosts.

Originally posted by Marq
    saturday 12th fine with me

hmmm. just found out that i've got tickets for the pixies that night. will it be held during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'll check with the lads but I'm fairly sure they won't give me an unscheduled beating if I offer to host Heat 3.

By then sure, we might even have a fully mobile dealer present :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gets my vote! I'm up for dealing and some of that hot cash action!

DeV.

Grand so, better put some pants on and ask Dotc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Can't host heat 1, so I vote for Iago to host if he's still ok with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Originally posted by musician

I vote for Muso's if I may be so bold.

I think it's about time we held a heat out of the Schticks and back in the big Schmoke if possible?

dunno what suits everyone else but since we have a number of potential venues, maybe we can put it to a vote? (being entirely sellfish here of course)

;)

Waylander & Lafortezza have withdrawn their hosting services - so if Musicians offer still stands go with that. You will need to organise it pretty quickly to give everyone notice by the weekend.

Hyzepher

Rathmines sound good to me.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

is it my imagination or is there 10 in Heat 2 and only 8 in Heat 3?

DeV.

There seems to be 10 in the first two heats and 8 in the third. It would make sense to have two nines and an 8 or perhaps Hyzepher is allowing for more people to sign up or something.

Wait a second, I'm in heat 3. There's 10 in all the heats, especially the third heat. Nothing to see here, move on now.

Heat 3 had 2 pull out so iwas trying to get someone to change - done now

Hyzepher

Whiteshadow now in Heat 3.

[Edit] Now out of heat 3 [/edit]

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

If heat 1 is this weekend, can I not be put in that one. Will be in amsterdam.

Advertisement