Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winback Activities are All The Consumers Fault .....declare Comreg

Options
  • 25-05-2004 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Its not Eircom fault for lying and forging peoples signatures on forms, it is entirely the fault of those who accidentally answer the phone to the Winback shower. Comreg have publisehed a quick guide to stopping all Winback activities in just 28 days . Oh, this is all the Data Protections Commissioners fault too, not Comreg .

"Regulations made in 2003 prohibit unsolicited contact by electronic communications means for marketing purposes. This includes contact by faxand SMS. Companies must ensure thatyou have given your prior permission i.e.
    “opted in”, to receive direct marketing calls on your mobile. A fixed line customer is considered to have “opted in” however they can “opt out” by contacting
    their service provider."

Really, how do I explain that to Biddy ?

"If a company already has your electronic details because you are an existing
    customer, they can contact you about their own products or similar products. You
    must be given the opportunity to withdraw your consent (“opt out”), in an easy
    manner and without charge every time they contact you."

You mean ring back the Eircom 1800 number which shows in Caller ID which will not answer and where whoever answers will deny ringing you, how dreadfully convenient. What do I say next ? What can I DOOOOOO ? When did a Winback Rep ever give a person an opt out clause from anything, what did Comreg ever do to get rid of Winback reps that a starving Rottweiler would not do much better ?

"How can I stop being contacted?
    • Request the organisation to remove
    you from their contact database.
    You can write to the organisation
    concerned, and they must write back
    to you within 40 days confirming
    that they have dealt with your
    request."

And the address for this ? Is it on the Eircom Website anywhere ? Will email do ? Should I mail complaints@eircom.ie cc to info@comreg.ie by way of Insurance and just say.

I Hereby Opt Out Of All Marketing and Sales Communications From Eircom By Telephone

Please inform me in writing when the database has been updated accordingly.

Failure to do so within 40 days will result in Comreg doing nothing.....which is very serious as you know.

Signed

Poor Benighted Gob****e

" Records need to be updated and the
    Regulations allow 28 days for this
    to occur. Therefore, after 28 days
    you should no longer be contacted."

28 days later, right. Then the Winbacks may stop. Hard copy confirmation of same after 40 days. God they really should do something about the Postal Service :(

Blame the Data Protection Commission if they ignore Comreg. Lovely.

Quotes from This Underwhelming Guide Just Released On The Comreg Site Here

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Comreg, Comreg... Hmm.

Isn't that some department of Eircom? They deal with silly walks or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What a Joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Does this mean that if you have switiched from Eircom to say UTV that you are no longer a customer of Eircom, and therefore have not opted in to receive their (Eircom's) material ?

Or does it mean that if you still pay Eircom line rental (as most of us have to) that you are still their customer and they can hassle you ?

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Originally posted by Mr_Man
    Does this mean that if you have switiched from Eircom to say UTV that you are no longer a customer of Eircom, and therefore have not opted in to receive their (Eircom's) material ?

Or does it mean that if you still pay Eircom line rental (as most of us have to) that you are still their customer and they can hassle you ?

M.

Obviously if you are still getting a bill from Eircom for line rental then you are still an Eircom customer. I know that ESAT are shortly going to allow you to pay your line rental through them. I presume that UTV will follow suit.

I look forward to the day when I no longer get any bills from Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

Winback is still governed by a 3 month no contact period. This guide doesn't deal with that.

The Code of Practice for CPS states http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/pdfs/copum.pdf

CONTACT WITH CUSTOMER
    8.1 Subject to obligations otherwise at law, following notification by the Access
    Provider of loss of service the Losing Operator has five (5) days within which
    it may make one unsolicited contact with the customer. This unsolicited
    contact with the customer must take the form of the anti-slamming letter in
    Annex A of this document. The Losing Operator shall endeavour not make
    further unsolicited contact with the customer thereafter until three months has
    elapsed following notification by the Access Provider.

• Advertisement
Advertisement