Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

HL3 has been known about pretty much since HL2 was announced.

That post by Fragmaster also has very little fact in it according to information from Doug Lombardi and Gabe Newell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I think there confused...This is a expansion pact for hl2 and in keeping with the expected release data of that game you SHOULD expect it in around 5-10 years:dunno:

It is not an expansion pack. It is a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by feylya
    It is not an expansion pack. It is a new game.

:o it was a joke

Ah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Valve confimed that they intended on making HL3 right when they first announced HL2. They spend a long time building the Source engine so they could then concentrate on content and knock out a few games in the next 5 years rather than having a big gap like last time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    They spend a long time building the Source engine so they could then concentrate on content

It’s actually hard to tell if they’re not still working on the source engine. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Well what they said really was that when HL and the Quake engine there was only so much they could do with it. With Source they're hoping they can just keep developing it over the next 5 years rather than havine to start from scratch on another engine when HL2 is done.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I know, I’m just (poorly) joking over the length of time HL2 is taking.

Advertisement