Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STD/HIV screening with your GP?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I went to a guy called Dr Friedman in Ranelagh a few years ago to get tested. I don't know what the term is, but I guess he'd be considered a private GP. I got tested for HIV and several other STD's and from what I remember it cost 150 euro. He was able to tell me straight away about a few of the things and the rest I think took about 2 weeks to come back - all clear thankfully.

I have to admit I haven't read all of your post and all the replies but if you have concerns, it's better to go get checked out. Personally I felt fine but I'd had one or two dodgy encounters and I had that nagging feeling at the back of my head, the "what if?" question.

I just made an appointment, went in, paid the money, got tested and left and I called up to get the results a week or two later. I don't remember there being any insurance or work complications from it either (I think you or someone might have expressed concerns about that).

It's not a particularly pleasant experience getting tested. It's uncomfortable and stuff but it's better to get it over and done with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

This thread is six years old - I'm hoping the OP has long since had their screening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement